Fourteen

"Go over what you want and charge it head on."

Ela's pov

I watched, quite amused, as Niall struggled to be polite throughout the evening.

His responses mainly consisted of grunts and eyerolls.

"So as I was running down the field, ball in hand, I hear Coach yell from the sidelines "MICK! Look to your left!" See, coach thought I was gonna get tackled from my left but I KNEW it was a trick play, so I faked left and dodged right and BAM! Touchdown!" Mick continued on with his story.

"Remember that Alexa?" He continued on "That was a great game."

"Yeah I remember it.. It was a good game." Alexa smiled over at him politely.

I glanced again over at Niall. Mumbling profanities under his breath he looked less than pleased with Mick's story.

"So did you win?" Louis asked from the love seat where Erin and him were all cuddly.

"Hell yeah we won!" Mick yelled, throwing his hands up.

"Hey Niall, Alexa tells me your into sports?" Mick asked casually turning his attention towards the pouting Niall.

Niall only nodded in response. His eyes held a fierce intensity. I don't think I've ever seen them so intense before.

"Cool.. We should toss the ball around sometime?"

Niall raised his eyebrows shrugging.

"Sure." he barked out before getting off the couch. "I'm going to get a drink."

I turned to look at Alexa, signaling her to follow Niall and go talk to him.

However she didn't have the chance to, as her attention was averted back to Mick.

"Hey Alexa, can I talk to you for a minute?" I heard Mick quietly ask Alexa. I continued my listening however, anxious to see what he wanted to know.

"Oh, uhm sure." she replied, looking a bit frazzled.

I watched as they both stalked over to the balcony, stepping out into the frigid air.

Deciding it was best to console a sullen Niall, I followed him to the kitchen. Turning the corner I heard the voice that gave me butterflies, Harry's. I paused, eavesdropping yet again, to listen to Harry and Niall talking.

"So coach was yelling at me from the sidelines but I knew more than him cause I'm Mick!" Niall blabbers on, imitating Mick and making fun of him.

"Mate. You just need to take charge. Go over what you want and charge it head on! That's what I did and look what happened!"

My insides turned warm realizing what Harry was talking about. Me. Him chasing me and "taking charge" as he put it, caused me to finally give in to him. Maybe Niall should listen to him.

"Well..Ela was single when you got her.. Now Mick is talking to Alexa. I just can't walk over and "take charge" as you put it." Niall sighed.

"Bullshit! That prick Kendall was all over Ela! Hell, they were dating and I took care of that! You can do the same! Plus Mick and Alexa aren't together." Harry continued on encouraging him.

"Yeah, plus she's not even into him." I surprised them both as I pranced into the kitchen, catching both of them off guard.

Harry's cheeks were tinted a bright shade of red. He knew he was caught. I giggled at his embarrassment.

"What do you mean? Of course Alexa likes Mick! Look at them!" Niall slammed his hands against the counter. His frustration was shining through.

"Niall! She doesn't like him! Trust me on this! She's just too nice to tell him to bug off. Go talk to her now!" I said pushing him through.