Twenty-Seven

"I shouldn't even be thinking about it, but it keeps haunting me at the worst times."

Ela's POV

Today was the big day. The day where Harry and I would finally make it completely official to the public and all our fans. They know we have been involved with each other for this past month, but it hasn't been declared.

Saying I was nervous would be an understatement. I am beyond my breaking point, but somehow I haven't cracked yet.

I was just arriving at hair and makeup at 10AM, which was extremely late on our usual schedule for award shows. However, everything is different since I am going with Harry.

Harry. My boyfriend. A member of the biggest boy band in the world, and he chose me. He chose me over the other billion people in this world. And I still can't believe it.

"So how excited are you for this, Ela?" My hairdresser, Eric, asked me as he curled my blonde locks piece by piece.

"Believe it or not, I am kind of freaking out." I secretly gushed.

"Oh girl, you have got to be kidding me! You are one of the hottest bitches out there in the world. Harry may be the luckiest boy eva." Eric reassured me.

I couldn't help but laugh. Eric has always known how to comfort me right before big events like this.

"And if your sexy red dress doesn't want Harry to bang you right when he sees you, I don't know what will."

"Shove it Eric!" My cheeks filled with heat as I chocked with laughter.

"Sorry. Just speakin' the truth."

With that, he went back to work, and I went back to freaking out AGAIN. Now, Eric brought up something completely else I have been worrying about. Sex. No, sex with Harry.

It has only been a month since this flame has started between Harry and I, but already, I have thought about the moment with him. That moment where I am so close to him nothing could come inbetween. I shouldn't even be thinking about it, but it keeps haunting me at the worst times.

As I rave about Harry, Eric finishes my hair and makeup.

"Walla! Perfecto!" he kisses his hands like he just put the finishing touches on a delicate cuisine.

When he spun my chair around to face the mirror, I hardly even recognized myself. The dark, smoky eye completely counteracted with my elegant up-do.

"Wow, Eric. It looks fantastic. Thank you!" I stood up and pecked him on the cheek as I do everytime because somehow he is always able to surprise me.

By the time I got back to the hotel and ate a small salad, it was 2 o' clock. Hopefully, the girls would be back soon from their appointments. Now, I just have to sit and wait.

Alexa's POV

"Seriously, Melinda. I have to wear those?" Erin pointed at the Jimmy Choo heels like they were a piece of garbage. She absolutely hates any shoes with a heel over the height of 2 inches. When Melinda tries to make her wear anything above that, there is always a fight.

"It is for one night Erin. You literally have to walk down the carpet, sit in your seat, and watch the ceremonies. That is hardly any standing or walking in them." Melinda reprimanded her.

"Fine." Erin put on the shoes but not without a few profanities under her breath.

I turned my attention away from her and laughed as I watched Elise work magic on my hair.

"I hope you like this hairdo! It is different from your usual curls cascading down your back. I am trying to make it more sheik." Elise explained to me with such grand hand gestures.

"Whatever you say!"

----

"Wow! This is the best I have ever seen you girls. You all look absolutely beautiful." Melinda smiled at us as we all lined up in front of her.

Our stylists had all hand-picked outfits that not only suited the award show and the band's image, but they also suited us individually.

For example, instead of wearing a short dress like the rest of us, Erin was wearing sparkly shorts and sheer long-sleeve top. It fit the dress-code of the movie awards. It still went with our glamorous, yet young, band image, and it described Erin's style, well, besides the heels.

The dress my stylist picked out was probably my all time favorite. It was a strapless gold dress. It was just the right amount of tightness at the top, but then it flared out like a skater dress at the bottom. Plus, I got to wear my favorite pair of gold heels.

"That dress will look perfect when you present your award by the way, Alexa." Melinda whispered into my ear with a slight smirk. A smirk that I could rip off her face if I was allowed.

Once everyone got the final touches on their outfits, we all headed back to the apartment to wait for our escort.

On our way over, I finally realized what made this day a little different. Ela wasn't with us. Ela was always there to keep us grounded and calm. We always were pretty crazy on award show days, and Ela usually deflected that. Her sarcasm would distract us and keep the mood light at the same time. Now, we don't have her with us on our usual routine. It is extremely strange.

Opening the door to our home, I immediately locked eyes with a deer in headlights. Ela.

"Ela, you okay? You don't look so great." I tried to console her as the other girls filed in after me.

"What?! Is it my hair? Is my makeup messed up? I accidentally fell asleep. Now, I'm behind schedule. Where did I put my dress? Is Harry here? Did I completely miss the awards?!" Ela paced back and forth like a wild animal.

"Woah Ela! Calm down! Let's go to your room." I led her away from the kitchen to her comforting room hoping to ease her mind.

As she sat down on the bed, she immediately became softer.

"Sorry. I just don't like being separated from you guys on days like this." Ela sighed.

"Believe me. I know. You didn't miss much. Just the usual heel debacle with Erin and sassy comments from Mekillda." I told her, and she laughed.

"Im glad, but on a more serious note, I really need to get into my dress."

"Yeah, that red dress really needs to come and heat things up!" I said to lift her spirits.

"Oh. Don't worry. It will."