Sixty-Two

If you like this story even .1% than PLEASE PLEASE vote for it!
***
"Deleted."

Alexa's pov

"Ela really it's not worth the time and tears of reading it." I gently tried prying away the document in front of her. She wasn't budging.

"I want to read it." She pulled the papers closer to her chest.

I shook my head. "You already know what it says."

Her mouth set in a hard line. "Not everything."

Sighing deeply I stepped back. "If you're sure."

She paused, a look of uncertainly passing across her face. Could I blame her? No. I was determined to read that document front to back as soon as I got my hands on it. Ela was no different. The only thing was I had the rest of the girls to read it with me when we first got back. Ela just got back two hours ago and all the girls seemed to disperse. All needing time to just be alone.

"I'll be right here. While you read it. If you, you know need me."

She smiled a tired, small, and sad smile before crossing the kitchen and taking a seat at the table. Following suit I took the seat beside her, ready to relive one of the worst publishings ever.

She flipped open the folder and there it was. The contract the boys signed and that we were supposed to sign to have a fake relationship together.

My stomach lurched at just looking at it again.

My eyes skimmed over the document hastily catching random sentences.

"Pursue the relationship for a range of four to seven plus months."

"Partnership splitting profits off all media corresponding to fake relationship evenly."

"Public disclosure allowed in all interviews."

As Ela flipped page after page the tears pricked at my eyes again as I saw Nialls signature sloppily etched across each dotted line.

"I don't understand the purpose of this all." Ela finally spoke up. I wiped away a tear in confusion. Ela sounded perfectly fine. If fact she looked fine too. "We were supposed to sign it as well?" She questioned skimming over the document again. She looked as if she just was reading over a set of direction to put together a table or something. Not a document your "boyfriend" signed that said he was only using you.

I nodded, confirming her question.

"Melinda said she was going to talk to Mr. Gree and get back to us. She also said she would talk to our lawyers and publicity team about how to address it and we'll all, I guess have a meeting about it."

She bit her lip, studying the document one last time before closing it.

After an eternity of silence she spoke.

"When's the meeting?"

Not what I was expecting but okay.

"Im not sure yet."

She nodded again before standing.

"Well I'm going to go freshen up." A fake smile was plastered across her face.

What the hell?

"Ela? What the hell? You're not affected by this at all? Do you even understand what this means?"