Seven

"Done and over with."

Ela's pov

"Harry?" I questioned inching my way further into the room. His head immediately snapped at the sound of my voice.

"Ela.." He sighed as he said my name. I watched as he patted the spot next to him, directly in front of the fireplace.

Thoughts of him and his warnings pervaded my mind as I looked over at him. He was looking out for me. He did actually know best. I was..wrong.

Deciding I should apologize for my rude behavior once and for all, I took the spot next to him, ready to talk it out.

We both sat in silence for awhile, just staring at the fire. I felt at ease for once. Usually I felt a million different emotions that were hard to control, but now, I just felt comfortable.

"Kendall broke up with me.. he... he used me." I stated after awhile not breaking my stare from the bright embers of the fire. The flames graced effortlessly as if they were dancing to an imaginary beat. If only my life could be so effortlessly happy.

"I'll spare you the I told you so." Harry stated. Out of the corner of my eye I say him smirking slightly.

I laughed at his comment for some reason, but as my laughing went on, I felt a wave of embarrassment crash into me, and my laughter turned to tears.

I watched as Harry's face contorted into sadness.

"He used me..for publicity." I said wiping a stray tear away." 'I'm dumping your sorry ass' was the last thing he told me. Like seriously after everything that's what I get? I didn't even do anything to him! I don't get it!" I said angrily rubbing my temples. The wave of rejection stung me. My embarrassment and anger got the best of me as I clenched me fist and hit the floor angrily.

I watched as his jaw tightened.

"Well, come on, he's a dick. No wonder why his band is unpopular! He seriously is so stupid though. To break up with you, that's ludicrous." Harry said shaking his head.

I turned my head, studying his remark. He seemed to have meant it.

I smiled at his comment. How is it we can go from hating each other, to comforting each other so fast?

"I'm sorry." I said bluntly.

He turned to me with the sweetest smile I've ever seen.

"Me too." he whispered softly.

"No really I am..I was a bitch and-" I was cut off.

"It's forgotten. Done and over with. I must admit, I quite like our little chatting sessions. Even though we've only had two, still." He chuckled returning his gaze back to the fire.

I remembered my first meeting with Harry and how we talked for a long period of time at the beach bash. Even though I was mainly intoxicated, I still can remember everything he said to me.

"Me too." I smiled over at him.

"Why'd you lie about it being your idea to take me home after the beach bash?" I questioned calmly, remembering we were friends, and done with the fighting.

"Hey hey..Alexa mumbled something about it but I was already thinking about taking you to my place for safety. Besides, no matter what Alexa said, I'm the one who actually did it." he shrugged his shoulder to enforce his point.

"Well, thank you. Looking back I can see how bad that could've been.." I trailed off.

"You can make it up to me later." he winked over at me. I chuckled slightly.