Fourty-three

"I hope this isn't too much."

Alexa's pov

Niall had a big family. That was an obvious fact. But the best part about it all, was how welcoming everyone is. Niall seemed to be on cloud nine and the fact that he was so happy, made all the hassle to get here worth it.

Face by face, all with unique features, faded in blurs. But there was one That I knew would stick with me forever. Niall's mother.

We made our way into the kitchen after the bombards of people were done small chatting with us. I took in that the yellow cozy kitchen furnishings were sporadically, but cheerfully decked out in welcome home decorations.

"There they are."

One sideways glance and you could tell the women who stood in front of me was Niall's mother.

"Come on over here! Both of you! I need a proper Horan Hug." She beamed with a genuine smile as she set her dish rag aside.

"Hiya mum." Niall gleamed as he pulled me alongside him. Deciding to just go with it, becasue this was the kind of family who wouldn't judge, I joined the pair in a proper Horan Hug.

"Alexa Alexa! I have heard so much about you. I was so happy you could make it!" She separately addressed me as she nudged Niall out of the way. Without warning she pulled me into another warm embrace, the gesture gladly reciprocated on my end.

"Thank you for having me. Your home is absolutly lovely." I gushed throwing up my arms to make my point.

I jumped as my hand made contact with an object to my right. In a flash the object feel to the floor with the biggest crash I've heard. Shit. Shit. Shit. I had one job. To impress his mother and here I am breaking things in her kitchen.

I gasped, hands flinging to cover my mouth. Wide eyed I turned to see Mrs. Horar's reaction.

I was absolutely shocked when she started..laughing. Moments later her laughing was joined with the bellowing laugh of Niall.

"I'm so..sorry. Oh my goodness." I sputtered too embarrassed to do anything else.

The chuckling only died down a little. The two of them were still too somehow amused at my embarrassment.

"Honey, trust me when I say I hated that dish." She reassuringly patted my shoulder.

"Your just saying that!" I blurted shaking my head.

"No. No I'm not!" She chuckled. "Niall's Great Aunt gave it to me. She always makes a big stink if it's not out when she's here. I wanted to get rid of it for years now. She's around here somewhere by the way, so don't tell her I said that."

"Well still, I'm so sorry!" I said bending down to pick up the shattered pieces.

"Hah! Got it!"

I jumped yet again at the foreign intrusion, this time thankfully breaking nothing.

"Got what Aiden?" Niall huffed smiling behind me.

I turned to see who I assumed was Aiden. My assumption was correct as he held up a camera with sticky tape marked with a scribbled Aiden on it.

"I got it all on camra. From the part where you two came in the kitchen to the part where she went bezerk and punched that ugly glass dish thingy."

I cringed at his speech. But couldn't help but smile as Niall playfully went over to tackle Aiden.

"Alexa." I tore my eyes away from the two roudy boys to lock eyes with Maura, who had the same beautiful color as Niall did.

"I'm really glad you came. Thank you. I know this whole party might be a bit intimidating, but aside from all that, it means a lot to my family, me especially that you came."

My heart warmed. I had barely known this woman for more than a couple minutes and already managed to break a very expensive looking dish, but the enthusiasm of me being there was radiating off her, making me feel complete.

"No thank you. I'm so excited to be here." I beamed at her, matching her smile.

"Niall has told me so much about you. I can tell how in love with you he is." She gossiped to me like a school girl.

I blushed under the rawness of her sentence.

"It's just, we haven't seen a girl here for a long time. Actually we haven't seen Niall here for quite a bit. It's nice to see him."

I didn't know what to say to Maura. A million things were running in and out of my mind of what to say to her. But the more I thought about it, words were not what she wanted to hear. So instead, I just smiled. From the way she smiled back, I knew she was happy with me.

***

"Hey can I steal her for a minute Mark?" I heard from behind me as a hand snaked it's way around my waist.

"Of course Niall. Hey it's nice to see you mate. I'll talk to you later." Mark replied, patting him on the shoulder before stalking off to the back patio.

"Come here." Niall whispered quietly beside my ear before sliding his hand from my waist to my hand and gently tugging at it.

I willingly followed him as he led us over to a isolated place, away from he hoards of people.

"Thought we might get a minute alone." He smiled over at me as we took a seat in the hammock.

"This is beautiful." I said as I took a look at the view from nialls backyard.

"It is. I used to come out here when I was kid right before sunset and just..sing."

"I can see why. It's the perfect place to."

Nialls warm hand smiled across the woven fabric as he slipped his fingers to mesh with mine.

"I hope this isn't too much. All the people that is." He blushed turning to crane his neck around the tree, glancing at all the people.

"No it's fine, I like meeting all your family. And friends. And friends of friends."I joked truthfully.

"They all love you." I waited before the inevitable came into play. "I told you so!" He yelled kicking his legs off the ground to swing us back and forth.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I batted at his arm.

"So what do you think of Ireland?" He continued on, this time in a more serious tone.

"I love it. It's absolutely beautiful here."

He nodded, smile in tow, eyes narrowed as he focused on the backyard. I waited, knowing he bad something he wanted to say.

"Could you-" he paused to clear his throat. "Could you see yourself spending time here. I mean, a lot of time here?" He questioned almost timidly.

And in that moment, I could. I could totally see myself here in Ireland.

"As long as your here."