Six

"I was left speechless."

Ela's pov

After my apologies to the rest of my band mates and promises not to induce alcohol for awhile, things were going pretty well. That's is until Friday whipped around.

Melinda had invited One Direction over for dinner at our penthouse. She said it would make for good bonding and help clear up some of the press issues, by showing how we were all a big group of friends.

All the girls seemed to be excited about them coming over. I, on the other hand, was not. I didn't want to see or deal with Harry again. Which is exactly why I decided to go on a date with Kendall again. My band mates understood, and Melinda could suck it for all I care. She told me to not get drunk. Not to stay away from Kendall.

However as the night bore on, I almost wished I would've stayed home. My date was awful with Kendall, again.The paparazzi were everywhere, like they knew we'd be here. So, I was thankful when Kendall dropped me off at the penthouse but annoyed as all hell. When he grabbed the back of my head and started forcefully kissing me, I was at my breaking point.It wasn't pleasurable at all. And his incisive groping was a little annoying.

Having enough his his cold, hard lips, I made my way to the penthouse.

As I unlocked the door and threw my house keys into the small bowel beside the door I froze. Crap. Nine perfect heads in a row started at me wide eyes. My band and One Direction all pleasantry enjoying a spaghetti meal.

"Oh..hi everyone." I awkwardly smiled.

Immediately at my greeting Lauren, the comedian of my band, rushed over to me. "Ela, you might want to freshen up a bit." she whispered leading me to the upstairs steps. I trudged over quickly to my bedroom door.

I gasped when I looked into the mirror. My hair was disheveled, my lipstick smeared, my shirt buttons way to low.. I quickly fixed my appearance and cringed as I heard laughing downstairs. They all seemed to be having a great time.

I paused as I heard a knock on my door. "Oh.. I was looking for the- the bathroom" Harry said standing in front of me. As great as my distain for him was, I couldn't deny how hot he was. Pushing those feelings aside though, I answered him shortly.

"It's that one." I said and pointed to a door a little ways from me. Harry only nodded his head in return, not even bothering to look in the direction I pointed. He leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms.

"Anything else?" I questioned mimicking him as I crossed my arms.

"Yes, I'd like to know what you were going to say the other day before you ran out of Zayn's car." he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't run, I was pulled."

"Whichever it was, I'm still waiting to hear it." he said tilting his head to the side to show off his ear.

I scoffed again. "Well your not going to get-" I paused as my phone rang. I checked it to see a tweet from Kendall.

"Great time with my babe @elaC tonight. Can't wait to start recording with her soon!"

I gasped at the tweet. He told the world we were recording together when I told him I didn't want to do that with him prior.

"What the hell!" I screeched loudly. Harry quizzically raised his eyebrow and uncrossed his arms as he took a step closer to see what I was panicking about.

"What's wrong?" His voice deepened an octave sending chills down my spine.

"No-nothing.. It's just..excuse me!" I said not being able to find the words for how deterred I was at the moment. I boldly pushed Harry out of my room and slammed the door shut.

Ignoring his knocks and comments to let him in, I dialed Kendall's number and waited for him to answer.

"Kendall I never said I'd record with you. Actually, I said I didn't want to record with you because we're totally different genres, and it would look staged..why'd you tweet that?!" I immediately screeched as he picked up the phone.

"The hell? You never want to do anything with me Ela..then you call me freaking out.. And you were a bitch the whole time tonight! I'm getting really sick of all your bullshit." He stated bluntly and rather rudely.

His comments immediately made my temper grow. "Me? The bitch? Could you blame me when every papparazi imaginable are always on our dates! I mean seriously how do they even find us? It's annoying!" I snapped back at him.

He wasted no time in replying "God Ela. Seriously, sometimes you're so stupid! I tip them off! I'm the one who makes sure they're there! Did you actually think this relationship was based off love or any of that shit? I used you! And seeing as of right now, you're not really giving me any publicity because you won't record with me! Not to mention, you look miserable in every photo the paps take, I'm dumping your sorry ass."

I was left speechless. I felt ashamed and embarrassed. Everything my band mates said about him was true. The worst part was deep down inside, I always knew he was no good. That also meant that everything Harry said was true.

Feeling like I could throw up I hung up the phone and immediately broke into tears. I wasn't even upset over the fact that Kendall broke up with me. I was upset about everything else. Him using me, and me not being a grown women and letting him use me.

I let my thoughts get the best of me as I buried myself in blankets and cried. I didn't realize how many hours have passed when I woke up with tear stained cheeks.

"Ela..come on. Wake up." Lauren was gently shaking me. Just one look at my face, and she knew.

"He used me." I sobbed dramatically. She only answered me a comforting hug and a sad smile. She knew all along. All my band mates knew. Harry knew.

"Why don't you go get a drink, and I'll pick out a movie for us?" she suggested. Wiping my tears, I silently followed her instructions making my way to the kitchen.

Although I listened to Lauren, I really just wanted to be alone. No one's company felt right at the moment. I would rather just sleep it all off and forget it, but as I turned the corner, it seemed fate had other plans.

"Harry?"