Eighty-five

"One look at her face and I knew."

Ela's pov

I felt so...what's the word I'm looking for? I felt so- special.

Harry and only Harry had that effect on me.

I had been talking to Harry for the past two hours. Two hours! Time just- I don't know, flew. I love him. The life ive been living all this time without him has just been so- dull.

These past two hours was the best time I'd spent in a long time.

His eyes focused on my eyes as he listened and hung on to every word I said. When he leaned forward so I could hear him over the thick of the crowd he created a wall between the whole world and just us. His fingers that rested on the bar ever so slightly grazed against mine, occasionally sending shivers down my spine.

And it was like this still, three drinks later.

Something was different this time with us. It was a good different. There weren't any interruptions. I think maybe people knew we didn't want to be interrupted. The brave who tried only received an irritable look from Harry that silently spoke two words: Go away. And they listened.

Well, all but one.

I spotted Jake awhile ago but I got sidetracked by the sensation of Harrys finger tips 'accidently' brushing against my knee.

I guess he eventually found me. As he approached the look on his face said it all. He meant business. I knew he didn't like Harry.

"Ela, there you are."

I loved Jake. I loved Jake as a best friend. But that was all. All I wanted right now was Harry. But I could tell Jake wasn't having that.

"You promised you'd save me a dance. I like this song, lets go."

I was so engrossed with all things Harry, I didn't even hear the soft slow beat playing. "Oh, I didn't even hear the song."

Jake nodded tightly. He was put off by Harry. Everything about his posture screamed uncomfortable.

"You know Harry right?" I jabbed my thumb towards Harry trying to get Jake to acknowledge him.

I noticed Harrys hand rest possesively on the back of my chair. He was probably just stretching.

"Nice to see you." Jake curtly spat.

I turned to Harry, awaiting his response. He took a long swig of his beer before he spoke. I noticed as he swallowed his eyes flicker and linger to the ring placed on my wedding ring finger. The metal all of a sudden felt as if it was burning my skin.

I put my hand under the bar counter.

"You as well." Harry finally spoke.

"So how about that dance Ela?" Jake leaned closer.

I really didn't want to leave. I missed Harry so much and only wanted him right now.

But I couldn't have him anymore. I didn't know where we stood or what any of his kyrptic conversations of the last meant with us.

"Right. Well, sorry for hogging up your time Harry."

I cringed as I ungracefully wobbled out of my bar stool.

Harrys eyes narrowed before he shot up out of his seat and grabbed me before I stumbled and fell out of the floor.

"Actually, I have to take her for a moment."

I was shocked as Harrys grip remained tight but gentle on my hips. His touch felt so good. I just wanted his hands to rest there forever.

I was going to open my mouth to speak my words of confusion, but I didn't get the chance. Nor did Jake. Harry was tugging me along as we exited the room.

"Where are we going?" I tried to concentrate on anything but the feelings of his hand on my hip as he led me outside.

"Here." We reached a beautiful gazibo covered in the most beautiful flowers and twinkly lights.

"This is gorgeous."
My eyes scanned the flowers and night sky filled with stars.

"I should've stepped up Ela. I knew your eyes going through rough shit. I should've been there."

I froze. What? Where the hell did that come from?

"Let's not Harry. This night was perfect. I don't want to end it badly."

"Ela. I need you." Two steps were taken forward as he grabbed my small hands and gripped them in his own large ones. "And I need you to have this conversation with me."

Fine. He wanted it. Here it was.

"I needed to find myself Harry. I needed to be accepting of myself. And no one else could do that but me."

He nodded seriously. "I know. I know. That's why I tried giving you space. But I'm not doing that anymore. I want to be there. All the time- night and day. Fight or no fight."

This was it. Here was the decision. This conversation would determine the final decision if Harry and I would get back together.

"I want to be there for you Ela. If you let me that is ."

And suddenly, he was down on one knee.

***
Alexa's pov

"Here it is. On my god Alexa. I can't believe this."

I was at an all time panic. Never in my life before had I felt this type of pure worry and anxiety.

"Give it to me! Quickly! " I shoved my hand over the bathroom stall not caring how bitchy I sounded.

"Here. Here do the thing. Just- get it over with." Muara yelled through the walls.

A knock was sounded through the actually wall.

"Shit! No! Maura send them away!" I felt the urge to throw up. I felt the urge to scratch my eyes out. I felt the urge to just crawl up in a ball and cry.

"Leave!" Maura bellowed clear as day. Footsteps decending the hall was heard only temporarily soothing my completely frazzled nerves.

"Alexa. You of all people. I would've pinned Ela down. Hell! I would've guessed myself before you!"

Tears pricked at my eyes.

"Shut up Muara! Just shut up!"

Quiet settled around the small bathroom.

"Sorry. Sorry Alexa. I just- I thought you hadn't seen Niall in a long time. I thought you had a plan to see each other today, at Melinda's wedding."

"We did!!" Tears now spewed hot and heavy. "We did! But he couldn't wait and he showed up when we were in France and stuff happened!"

She scoffed. "So that's where you were!"

I banged against the stall, making the door spring open. My tears had ruined all my makeup and I felt so ashamed and foolish of myself, I couldn't even look in the mirror.

"So?"

I handed over the pregency test to Maura. "I didn't look."

She hesitated, but grabbed the stick after a moment.

One look at her face and I knew.

"Alexa, it's positive. You're pregnant."