Eighty

"Please never forget that."

Alexa's pov

So I don't know why I even answered it. But the fact was I did. I answered it. And it messed me up bad.

"You were doing so well!" Lauren whined as she rubbed my back in attempts to comfort me.

"I know!" I whaled as blew my nose in yet another tissue.

"Oh hun.." She sounded excatly like a mother consoling a sick kid. Only thing was I wasn't sick. I was upset at myself.

"We are better off without those turds! Dont even let yourself be bothered with them!"

Lauren quickly
"What did she say?" Lauren squeaked nudging my shoulder.

I flipped over on my side to face Lauren and pulled my comforter right around me. She sat patiently on the side of my bed as I sprawled out on the mattress, sending tissues to fly in every direction.

I bit my lip knowing that replaying this information again in my head was going to send more tears flowing.

Sensing the inevitable Lauren grabbed more tissues and shoved them my way.

"Okay well..she- then- well-UGH!" I buried my face feeling in my blanket.

"Start from the beginning." She hushed.

So I did.

"Hello?"

"Alexa hunny, hi it's Mrs.Horan."

I froze. Niall's mom. Niall's mom was calling me. Why was she calling me?

"Could you hold on for a moment?" I Ungracefully slewed through the reciever.

"Of course."

My hands gripped the phone in fear that my sweaty palms wouldn't drop the phone.

"Excuse me everyone."

I gestures to my hair and makeup crew as I stumbled my way out of my seat. They all glanced around questioning my sudden mood change.

I quickly strode out to the hallway where only a few crew people were mingling around and helping to set up.

Deep breath and answer.

"Sorry about that. Kinda hard to here back there." I cringed at the sound of my voice. Hands down she could tell I was nervous.

"Oh, I totally understand." Her voice sounded so sweet. Sweet as honey. "I'm so sorry if I caught you at the wrong time."

"No, no it's aright. We're only getting ready for a concert. It doesn't start for a couple hours."

"All the prep can get exhausting." I nodded forgetting she couldn't see me. "Yes. It can."

"I think you know why I'm calling Alexa." Great. Small talk over I see.

"Before you ask, no Niall didn't put me up to this and no, he doesn't know I'm talking to you. So I would also appreciate if you wouldn't tell him I called." She giggled like a true gossip hound.

I however was still confused as to where this conversation could possibly end up.

"I wouldn't I wasn't planning on saying anything to -to him, Niall."