Forty-one

"There's no way I can do that."

Alexa's pov

Deciding to take advantage of the nice, sunny weather, I made my way to the balcony, notebook and pen in hand as well.

Perfect days like these gave me the best inspiration to write songs. And lately, I needed some inspiration.

The ideas were constantly flowing through my head, but lately for some reason I just couldn't get them down on paper. Hopefully today will be the day that I leave this balcony with a full notebook.

I contently relaxed back on the plush, red, cushioned seat and just took a moment to breath in the fresh air. After my quick breather was done I attempted to get some work done. However my same problem that has been occurring didn't cease to fail.

"I got nothing." I said to myself throwing my hands up. I slinked back further into the cushion closing my eyes in frustration.

"Alexa!"

I jumped at the bewildered looking intruder.

"Niall! Geeez.. You scared me." I playfully scolded him. Folding my notebook closed and laying it on the floor, I turned to properly face him.

"You okay?" I questioned as I took in his appearance. Red, blotchy spotted cheeks grimaced back at me.

I raised my eyebrows in curiosity, waiting for him to reply.

"So do you remember that conversation we had some bit ago..about, well about you coming to visit the family back in Ireland?" He gushed quickly, rubbing his hands across his jeans.

"No! We never talked about that Niall!" I shocked him, confused as to where the conversation was heading.

"Let's just pretend we did then. And then let's also just pretend that you agreed to coming and meeting them say, I don't know..maybe tomorrow."

I widened my eyes three times bigger than I should've.

"Tomorrow? Niall are you insane? You've given me no time to prepare!" I jumped off the couch looking at the guilty looking blonde.

"I know I'm sorry! But it slipped my mind.." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he scuffed the bottom of his shoe against the balcony cement.

"Slipped your mind?" I scoffed in disbelief. He nodded back slowly, still avoiding eye contact.

I cleared my throat in disapproval.

"'Slipped my mind' my ass." I waved my hand only to moments later cross my arms over my chest.

"Okay fine! I just- I don't know.." He stopped shuffling his feet to timidly lift his gaze to meet mine before continuing. "It's just that, Ma has been bugging me ever since we started dating. She will not stop talking about you and how excited she is. I haven't had a girl in a long time that I wanted to actually bring back home, and now that I do, I just- I don't want to mess it up."

His childlike tone made my anger slip through the cracks.

"Mess it up?" I asked, confused at how he could find any fault in the situation.

"Well if you didn't want to then I didn't want you to feel forced.. And God knows Ma will be all over you, and I- I didn't know if you would want to go to Ireland.."

I stopped him as I took a stop towards him.

"Niall! That's absolutly insane. You know me! You know that I would love to meet your Mom and that it wouldn't be forced! Plus I've been to Ireland. You know world tour.. I really liked it there too.." I offered up a small smile.

"Really? So you wouldn't mind going?"

I slapped his arm. "Of course not! But why tomorrow?"

"Well I kinda told her like a couple weeks ago that you agreed.. She, my Ma, hers name Maura by the way, set up this big family party and everything..Are you sure you don't mind?"

I put him restless rambling at ease as I leaned in to kiss him.

Immediately his hands found there way to my sides as he gently tightened his grip.

"I'm sure.."

His grin set my heart in overdrive. His lips met mine again. I felt his grin against my lips as his fingers looped into my beltloops.

"Jet leaves in four hours." He mumbled against my lips.

I detached myself quickly in shock yet again. "Four hours!! Oh my god! I have to pack!"

He chuckled as I ran to the balcony door, tripping over my feet. Too enthralled with the new information I had just received to be embarrassed, I quickly swung open the door and made my way to my room.

"How long should I pack for?" I shouted over my shoulder as I grabbed my luggage from my closet.

"Three days!" Niall shouted back as he made his way into my room, sprawling out on my bed.

"Three days? Crap..I have to be in Japan in four.. There's no way I can do that. That much air time is brutal."

I looked over at Niall solemnly. "Air time?" He questioned.

"I would have to fly back from Ireland, to California, then to Japan.. I don't think I can do that.. That's a lot of time on a plane." I huffed.

Niall was quick to retaliate. "Just..just sleep on the plane! It makes time fly! Plus I'll be there with you! Please Al!"

I pondered over the thought for a moment. Every part of me wanted to go to Ireland with him. Was I really going to let air time stop that?

"That could work.." I smiled over at him, matching his expression.

"It's going to work." He winked over at me. My cheeks flushed at his gesture. Silently I turned my attention back to packing only seconds later to be interrupted again. This time the intrusion was not a pleasant greeting.

"Oh my fucking God Alexa. Your ass better be in that room." Ela screeched as I heard the front door slam.

I raised my eyebrows at Niall. I was used to Ela's obscene freakouts, but this time I was confused about what she was upset about. Somehow I knew it was on me though.

"In here!" I yelled back. "Ela what's the problem?"

Moments later my door was slammed open to find a disheveled looking Ela.

"Nice hickey.." I joked as I looked at her fresh bruise, no doubt from Harry.

"How fucking dare you." She seethed, radiating anger.

"Sorry! Geez I didn't know talking about that bugs you. You should probably wear a scarf then so people don't ask-"

"I'm not talking about that! I'm talking about you and Harry!"