Seventy-five

"I'm not in the mood."

Elas pov

"Thanks for the picture ladies. Come anytime. Drinks on the house." Zack the club manager smoozed Alexa and I as we finished posing for a picture with him.

"Of course." Alexa faked sincerity. She was so good at playing people. Sometimes I was jealous.

We watched as he weaved his way through a swarm of bodies at Club Kaz. When he was out of sight, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to get another!" Alexa screeched attempting to drown out the thumping base and blaring music. I nodded and hopped she could see me through the blinding flashing lights and swarm of pressing bodies.

We were in the VIP section but it really was giving us no privacy. Fans pressed tightly against the barracade of security guards and screamed loud enough to almost drown out the music.

"Dance with me?"

I turned to Jake, our drummer of all our tours.

"Nah.." I gulped another swig of my gin and tonic. "Maybe later."

"You always say that." His tan smile glowed bright against his white teeth.

"Well in my defense, I always mean it."

He took the cup from out of my hands. "Well guess what? That doesn't make a difference to me. Come on Ela! Clubs are meant for dancing! You just sit at a table all sad and shit the whole time."

True. I do sit for the majority of the time.

"He wouldn't want you to be sitting here unhappy."

Jake had become a good confident. He was a guy that I could talk to that wasn't any member of One Direction that would tell Harry. He wasn't an annoying opener of the tour like Cody Simpson. And he was actually a friendly face that I had become dependent on.

"I'm happy. See?" I pointed to a plastered smile on my face.

"Let's dance! Get up lazy asses!" Cody came into my perihpeal vision and tugged at my hair playfully.

I rolled my eyes.

"Not now Cody."

He squeezed in the booth beside me to my left. I scooched closer to Jake on my right to avoid him. Don't get my wrong he was OKAY but that was all. He annoyed me 99% of the time.

"You can dance with Alexa." Jake laughed as he pointed a few feet away to Alexa who was currently whipping her body around as she attempted to dougie and hold her drink in her hand.

I leaned back into Jakes arm pressed around me shoulders. I felt tired. And I missed Harry.

I knew it was me who ended things temporarily. But there was still this nagging sensation that he would call but that sensation was a false hope and it just left me drained and tired at the end of every night.

"No worries about that high note you missed on stage Ela. No one will remember it's okay." Cody teased me thinking he was hilarious.

"Good one Cody. Clever. How about you don't worry when I-"

Jake intervened. "Alright that's it! We're going to dance...now."

I was tugged up immediately, the action catching me off gaurd.

"Jake..." I whined."I'm not in the mood."

"That sounds like I'm asking you for sex and you're using one of those not now..I'm not in the mood excuses. I'm only asking you for a dance my sweet Ela. You'll survive."

"No I will not. I'll burn and shrivel up on the dance floor."

"Can't hear you!" Jake shouted across the music now more heavily heard as we moved closer to the speakers.

I rolled my eyes and attempted to not stick out like a sore thumb.

"You look like you were forced out of the convent. I know you can shake it Ela. I've seen it live now like fifty times on stage.
Move it."

In a stern but still somewhat gently motion his hands rested on my hips and forced me to sway. I complied, not wanting this embarrassing scene to go further.

"See? Not so bad." He smiled up at me as some of the tension I was holding onto let out.

I rested my hands on his shoulder. "You're a good friend. You know that right Jake?"

He briefly smiled. His smile was cute and it sent all Baseline fans off the deep end anytime his drummer solo popped up.

"I don't think I'm so bad, yeah."

I rolled me eyes.

"He's not worth it Ela. All the sad days and crying you hide, I see it and he's not worth it."

I was stunned. "Jake..What- How do you know that?"

"Because I know you Ela. We've been on many tours before and I've always considered you someone I look out for. I know when you're upset and I know its because of him. That part isn't rocket science."

I nodded. "Its not his fault. Its mine."

Jakes jaw clenched firm and a grim look settled across his eyes.
"Bullshit."

I let out a tipsy giggle. "I'm not perfect Jake. I'm flattered you think I'm blameless here but this one with Harry falls on me."

"Ela.." He took a seep breath "I-"

Alexa stumbled through half dancing half falling. "I haven't heard from Niall in three days now. I thought we were fine and back on track??? Should I call?"

"Don't call." I shook my head.

"But why?" Alexa whined.

"Because he should call you! Make him work for it Alexa!"

Jake's smirk could be seen from miles away.

"Ela knows how to make men work for it. That's for sure."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you trying to say? Huh punk?"

"Just that your not afraid to put men in their place. Its sexy actually."

I could feel the blush rise to my cheeks. Hopefully he would think its from the dancing and hot room.

"Oh my god. Niall."

I jumped out of my stupor. "Alexa I said don't call him."

"No." I turned my head confused at her tone. Then I saw it. A quiff of blonde hair and a bright smile shoving his way through as bodies hurled themselves to get closer.

But that's not what made my jaw drop.

What shocked me was the mop of curly brown hair behind the blonde quiff, Harry.

I realized Jakes hands were still on my hips the same time I realized that Harry looked pissed.