Nineteen

"There was only one thing I could do."

Alexa's POV

The panic that's spread across Ela's face was unbelievable. I have never seen her turn so pale that quickly.

She looked at me with pleading eyes as the director dragged her to the set for the kissing scene. It didn't help that they were going to lock lips under a starry sky while waltzing under a chandelier.

Knowing Ela's behavior in situations like these, I knew I had to step in.

If I wanted to save Ela's and Harry's relationship, I needed to think on my feet. I knew that as soon as this video came out, Harry would not be happy.

Ela and Harry seem to fight about a lot.

I didn't want them to fight over this too and risk Ela going off the deep end again.

"Wait!" I stopped the director, and everyone turned to look at me with quizzical stares.

"I don't think there should be kissing in this! I mean it is about two strangers falling in love. They wouldn't kiss immediately." I explained to everyone, hoping they would believe me.

"Well, you have a good point, but this is for the moment they fall in love." the director's smooth accent completely crushed my idea.

He turned his broad shoulders away from me, blocking Ela's communication with me. There was only one thing I could do.

"Here's a better idea. I kiss Mick." I interrupt all the work going on around me.

All the girl's faces, including Ela's, drop in astonishment that I would suggest something like that.

"What?" Mick spat out.

The director even gave me a face of disbelief.

"In the song, I sing the bridge, the part where they finally fall in love. If anyone should be kissing him, it should be me." I say, even though I regret every bit of it.

I watch as the director's wheels spin. He is weighing the goods and the bads.

Although Ela was normally be put into these roles, this time it would make more sense for me to be put in it.

"You're correct. Ela and Alexa switch."

I could hardly believe he agreed with me. I even had another argument prepared for him.

"Alexa, Im fin-"

"No," I cut Ela off. "It makes more sense. Go ahead."

I shove her towards the direction of the other girls' chairs. She tried to protest again, but stayed quiet once I glared at her.

After everything was finally settled and changed, we got down to business.

"Okay, attractive boy, come here. I want you to dance with this pretty lady for the entire song. As soon as it comes to Alexa's part at the end, I want you to spin her into your chest and kiss her right on thee lips. Alright?" The director told Mick.

He simply nodded his head, but I could tell her wasn't ready for this. That makes the two of us.

"Alrighthy! Let's get this started! Action!" The crisp click of the marker makes me cringe, but I know this must be done.

Mick awkwardly takes me hand, and we move around the ballroom floor like Cinderella and Prince Charming.

This dancing reminded me of my Prince Charming, Niall. Oh shit, Niall. I didn't even think about how this is going to effect my relationship with him. He is going to see this video and rupture.

The moment I realized this video was probably going to cause rifts in my relationship with him, I suddenly became distraught. This dancing with Mick felt wrong and unjust. I couldn't stop shivering at the thought of Niall being furious with me.

I had been so lost with my thoughts of Niall that I hadn't even realized it was almost my part. I lip synced with the previous recording as it reached my lyrics.

"Suddenly, I know." I sang the last part.

Mick began to slowly spin me away from him. His thick hands grabbed mine and turned me back into his chest. My palms pressed against his firm chest as I prepared for the moment.

Mick scooped my cheeks into his hands. The smile on his face seemed so real, while the smile on my face had to seem so fake. He hovered above my lips before he leaned in and finished his job.

His kisses seemed just as they were when we dated. Emotionless and dull. It was nothing like Niall's and mine first kiss together. I felt fireworks go off, and that loving spark was there.

I pulled away from his tight embrace and saw his bright pink cheeks. He looked at me like I was an angel, but I couldn't help but get agitated when I looked at him.

"Good job! I will give you a quick break. Then we will run it again." the director told us with the quick clap of his hands.

Again? It was bad enough the first time.

Ela's POV

It has been a week since the music video shoot. Today was the day our video was going to be revealed to us.

I am extremely anxious, as well as the other girls.

Ever since Alexa traded spots with me, she hasn't spoken very much. She still has a good time with us, but it is very evident that she is filled with pent up emotions.

It was clear that she was dreading to kiss Mick. It was even more clear that she was dreading for this video to come out.

During this past week, Alexa has been pretty short with Niall. She seems to ignore him and hardly answer his texts, but he doesn't seem to care because she knows how hard she is working.

Every time I ask Alexa why she is being quiet, she slaps on a smile and cracks a joke. She doesn't want us to know that she is upset.

Melinda invited the boys over to watch the video; however, she didn't tell Alexa. None of us have.

The boys arrived at our doorstep chipper and happy like they always are. They each hopped inside ready to kiss their girls.

"Well, there is my beautiful girlfriend." Harry scooped me up into a tight hug.

I still wasn't used to him calling me his girlfriend. Kendall usually referred to me as his "bae" or his honey. He never once called me his girlfriend. So I wasn't quite ready for it.

Harry and I skipped over to the couch and plopped down next to all the other chatty couples. This is probably the first time I haven't fought with Harry for more than a week, and it feels wonderful.

"Hey, Ela. I was wondering-"

"Ela, where is Alexa?" Niall cut Harry off as he peered around the couch.

"She is in her room, Niall."

"Oh, okay. Thanks." Niall marched away to her room.

"SO, what were you going to say?" I turned back to Harry's matted curls.

He grinned, "I was wondering if you would be my date to the MTV movie awards?" Harry asked me with a blushing smile.

Harry wants me to go as his date? He wants to be seen publicly with me. This isn't a publicity stunt? I felt giddy with excitement.

"I will gladly come with you."