Thirty

"I take it you are my partner in this?"

Alexa's POV

The award show was going fantastic. The hosts were hilarious. The stars were winning big, and the crowd was having a blast. I was too, aside from the fact that a camera was plastered to my face the whole night. Even though we had nothing to do with movies, they still were stuck glued to us, broadcasting our reactions. So with they in mind, a smile accompanied me the whole night.

Currently, I was waiting backstage to go on the stage to announce the next award, "Best Kissing Scene." Of course, I get the sexual one that everyone pays attention to.

I still did not who was also announcing with me because Melinda likes everything to be a big surprise. Even when we rehearsed this, she made sure I wouldn't meet the other person. She is literally insane.

As I await my entrance, I feel a slight tap on my shoulder.

"Alexa?" an accented voice asks me.

I turn around to meet a pair of deep blue eyes, swishy blonde hair, and a chiseled jawline.

"Cody Simpson!" I jump at the teen pop star.

I know exactly who he is. He constantly shares the music boards with us, and Melinda is constantly talking about him.

"I am! I take it you are my partner in this?" he laughs.

"Yep, it looks that way. Too bad we are just meeting each other now." I laugh and shake his hand.

We talk about each other's new touring addenda and the life we undergo. He is a pretty nice kid, and I like him.

"Hey, Cody. We always have a little gig opening on our tour for a show or two if you want to perform. I mean you could always talk to Melinda, but we really need a guy to perform a few times." I offer him.

"Yeah! That sounds fantastic. I will let you know!"

"OKAY ALEXA AND CODY. MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE STAGE." the speaker above us demands.

"Looks like it is show time." I tell Cody.

"Let's do this."

Ela's POV

The last award is given to the cast of the Hunger Games. Only if I was with the girls right now to gush about Liam Hemsworth.

"Well, ladies and guys, that's a wrap on this award show! Stay sexually safe, and remember alcohol is bad for you, unless you're me. Peace out." The stupid host wraps up the cheesy award show.

Once the lights fade on the stage and come up in the audience, we all know it is time to go.

"After party?" Harry sticks out his arm in a gesturing way.

I grab his arm and intertwine us together. I inhaled his scent as I leaned further into his solid arm. We merge through the crowds of stars all getting into their limos. We finally find ours in the line and slide in.

"Cheesy. But definitely the best award show I've ever been to." Harry exclaims.

I raise my eyebrows. The best? How many award shows have we both been to where we were actually nominated for things? Where we actually got awards?

"The best because I got to take the best date ever." He winked.

My mouth broke out to an uncontrollable grin within seconds.

"I couldn't agree more."

We ride in the limo for a few minutes when we pull up to the after party. Even outside the party there are cameras everywhere.