4- E-Mails from a Racoon

Four Years Later

Steve and I spent our years traveling the world, we helped people still dealing with their losses everywhere we went. While away I wanted to do something for the people back home to honour the ones that they lost. With talking to the UN, we decided that putting up remembrance stones with the names of the vanished. They agreed with the idea and soon monuments were placed in all cities across the world, names engraved so people had a place to go to remember those they lost. As we travelled the pull of home still tugged at us and after three of our years abroad, we came back to the states. 

Steve and I still didn't get married, we just couldn't and we didn't mind at all. Once back he went back to doing his grief counselling meetings, and after checking in on the SHIELD, I helped Natasha at the compound, as she had been leading our friends into checking things that were either other parts of the country or on other worlds. I had stayed in touch with Pepper over the years as she sent my pictures of Morgan. The girl was gorgeous just like her mother and was smart like her father, I was proud of what Anthony had created from himself. He knew I was proud, but he still refused to apologize for his actions five years ago, and he barely spoke to the two of us. Things were still not normal for anyone, and we just didn't know how to get back to that.

I sat at the island in the kitchen, eating my breakfast as Steve came down the stairs, "Morning, I made you some breakfast before you head to your meeting" I tell him as he kisses the top of my head, and then gets himself a plate.

"Are you heading to the compound?" Steve asks as he places the eggs and bacon that I made on his plate.
"Yes, I told Nat I would head over while you were at the meet" I tell him as he sits down beside me.

"Any word from....?" He stops not finishing what he was going to say.
"No" I sigh, "Rhodey is looking into it, and he's to check in with Natasha this morning, as is Okoye, Carol and Rocket" I say as we start to eat our breakfast.

"I'll come by after" he tells me.
"You always do" I smile at him.
"It might be closer to dinner time" he tells me.

"I figured it would be" I say as we finish eating our breakfast and then start getting ready for our day.
Steve and I say good bye to one another as we head our separate ways. I drive through the city and out to the compound. I pull up to the building, and park my car, and I step out as I head inside. I walk into the room that I knew Natasha would be sitting in, and smile when I see her. "I brought you some breakfast" I say as I hand her the paper bag with food in it.

"Good Morning to you too" she smiles as she takes the bag from me.
"How's things going this morning?" I ask her.
"Slow, just waiting on the others to call in with their updates. How are you and Steve doing? Figured out if you two are going to ever get married?" she smiles at me.

"No, we don't know if we ever will, we are still trying to find some normality right now. Things just still aren't right, you know" I say as I sit down across from her.
"I'm surprised after these past five years you two don't got a kid" she says as she starts to eat the bagel.

"I think with our genetics and the formula we can't really have one. I mean we both have the serum in our veins, and it's been five years if I'm not pregnant by now, I never will" I say to her.
"Well, you know I never can have kids, so.." she says.

"Well, I could always adopt you and you could be my kid I mean, I am old enough to be your mom" I say and that earns a laugh from her.
"Okay, mom" she smiles back, ad she eats.

Natasha and I spend the day just catching up, as dinner time rolled around, Steve had messaged me to let me know he would be later. "Well, the team should be calling in" Natasha says as the computers start to beep.