6-Safehouse

We make it to the jet, as I see Thor coming toward it as well, and Clint helping Natasha on board. A few minutes later, Tony arrives at the jet, carrying Bruce, he places him down, as Clint starts the jet up, and flies us out of there. We all stay quiet, none of us wanting to speak of what had happened, I see Steve watching me, and I have to look away, what I had seen still fresh in my mind.

"The news is loving you guys

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is" we hear Maria telling us, after Tony had asked her to look into damage control. "There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air" she adds.

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asks her.
"Already on the scene. How's the team?" she then asks.
"Everyone's.... we took a hit, we'll shake it off" I hear Tony tell her, as I look around at everyone else.
"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here" Maria tells us.
"So, run and hide?" Tony asks her.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Maria says to him.
Tony sighs looking over at is, "Neither do we" he says as he ends the call with Maria. I watch as Tony gets up and goes over to Clint who was still piloting the jet, "Hey, you wanna switch out?" he asks Clint.

"No, I'm good" Clint tells him, "If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out" Clint adds.
"Few hours out from where?" Tony asks Clint.
"A safe house" I hear Clint respond to him, and I know exactly where he is taking us. 

I sit in my seat, trying to avoid making eye contact with Steve, when I suddenly feel a hand on my leg, and looking over I see Steve, a concerned look on his face. "Hey, you okay?" he asks me.

I don't say a word, just shaking my head, trying to keep the fears inside me. "I told you whatever she had you see it wasn't real" he says to me.
"What...What did she make you see Steve?" I then ask him, desperately wanting to know.
"You and Me, at The Stork Club. You were asking me to dance, saying the war was over and we could go home" he says to me. "I wish that could have happened, but I knew it never did. I know we never got that dance there" he says to me. "What did she make you see?" he then asks.

I look at him, and my tears just flow, and he just pulls me close to him, "You don't have to tell me, Willow" he says as he just holds me. I don't know how long he holds onto me, until I allow exhaustion take over my body, and I fall asleep in his arms.

I feel my body being shaken, and I open my eyes, "We're wherever it was that Clint was taking us too" Steve tells me. I just nod at him, as he helps me get up, and we follow the rest of the team off the jet, as we all head toward a farm house.
"What is this place?" Thor asks as we walk up the front steps onto the porch.
"Safe House" Tony says to Thor.
"Let's hope" Clint says looking at them, as he opens the front door. The group of us follow Clint and Natasha into the house, as we head for the living room. "Honey, I'm home" Clint calls out.

I then see Laura come walking into the room, a surprised look on her face, "Hey, company, sorry, didn't call ahead" Clint says as he walks up t her and gives her a kiss.
"Hey" she says smiling at him.
"This is an agent of some kind" Tony says looking at the group.
"Gentlemen, this is Laura" Clint says introducing her.
"I know all your names" Laura chuckles, and Tony just gives her a little wave.