3-Marry That Girl

For the next few days I stay at Tony's helping him with his work. I knew he wasn't going to stop and I had to keep a close eye on him. He was ignoring Obadiah's calls about meetings, not wanting to be a part of anything with the company at the moment until what he is working on was done. I woke up from a restless night, my dreams having come back again and I get dressed. I head downstairs and I unlock the door, and look at Tony, "Did you get any sleep" I ask him.

"Not really" he tells me as he goes back to working on an arm gauntlet for his suit. As he is working we start to hear buzzing on the intercoms, Pepper is trying to get a hold of Tony and he keeps ignoring her.
"You going to answer that" I ask him.
"Nope, got better things to do" he says as he starts working on the arm part of his suit.

We then look over at the door and see Pepper enter, two coffee cups, and a box in her hand, "I've been buzzing you, did you hear the intercom?" she asks us.
"Yeah everything's...what?" Tony says.
"He's been working to much, thanks Pepper" I say taking the one cup of coffee.

"Well Obadiah is upstairs, what would you like me to tell him?" she asks Tony.
"Great, great I'll be right up" he says to her. He then stands up with the arm gauntlet ready to test it.

"I thought you said you were done with making weapons?" Pepper asks him.
"This is a flight stabilizer, it's completely harmless" he says as he then shoots it, and just like with the boots, he goes flying backwards.

"I wasn't expecting that" Tony calls out as I go over to Tony making sure that he is okay once again.
"You really should get DUMM-E to test these things" I tell him.
"Where's the fun in that" he smiles at me as I help him up, I help get the mechanism off and place it back down on the table.

"Do you want back up to deal with Obadiah?" I ask him.
"You seem to be the only level headed person I know, so I guess you can come along." He tells me.
"Pepper tell him we'll both be up shortly, I know he won't be happy that I am coming along" I tell her.
"I will let him know" she says as she then walks away and back upstairs.

Tony and I clean up his work space, as we then head up the stairs, hearing piano music once we are at the top of the stairs.

"How'd it go?" Tony asks as he then see's a pizza box on the table "it went that bad, huh" he says as I make my way over to the couch by Pepper.
"Just because I brought pizza back from New York doesn't mean it went bad" Obadiah says to him.
"Sure doesn't" Tony says as he opens the box, and takes out a slice, "oh boy"

"It would have gone better, if you were there" he tells Tony.
"Uh-huh you told me to lay low, that's what I've been doing. I lay low and you take care of all" Tony says taking a bite.
"Hey, come on" Obadiah says walking over to us, "In public, the press, this was a board of directors' meeting" he says.
"This was a board of directors meeting?" Tony asks.

"The board is claiming you have post traumatic stress, they're filing an injunction" Obadiah tells him.
"Really just because Tony wants to stop making weapons" I speak up saying.
"They want to lock him out" he adds.
"Why, cause the stocks dipped 40 points?" Tony asks, "We knew that was going to happen"
"Fifty six and a half" Pepper pipes up saying.
"It doesn't matter, we own the controlling interest in the company" Tony says to Pepper.

"Tony, the board had rights, too" Obadiah says to him.
"They're making the case that you and your new direction isn't in the company's best interest" Obadiah says to him.

"I'm being responsible" Tony tells him. "That's a new direction for me, for the company" he says, "I mean, me on the company's behalf being responsible for the way that" he tries to explain, "oh this is great" Tony says as he gets up and grabs the pizza box.