5- Gone For The Head

I turn back, and I start to join the rest in attacking Thanos, as I see him use his gauntlet to crush Rhodey. Bucky then runs at Thanos firing his gun, and the titan wraps him up in purple, and he is tossed to the ground. Natasha and Okoye run at him, Okoye tossing her spear and he uses his gauntlet to stop the spear before sending the woman flying.

I watch as Natasha is then engulfed in dirt and rocks, and Groot tries to attack next. Wanda then turns and uses both her hands to send her powers at Vision's stone. I run up to the titan, along side Steve and the two of us fight him off. Thanos manages to knock me down and I roll across the dirt, hitting my side on a tree root.

I watch as Steve loses his one shield, and holding him his hands he grabs at the gauntlet

I watch as Steve loses his one shield, and holding him his hands he grabs at the gauntlet. Thanos looks down at Steve shocked that a mere human could stop him. Steve groans out as he tries to pry the gauntlet off the mad titan's hand. Thanos then punches Steve in the head, and I watch in horror as Steve falls down.

"NO!!" I scream out, as I slowly get up and crawl to him. I groan out in pain, as I manage to get my body up, having to lean against a tree, as I make my way to Steve. I watch as Thanos turns his attention to Wanda and Vision, going to attack them. Wanda uses her one hand to use her powers to hold Thanos back as she continues to destroy the stone in Visions' head. I can tell Vision is telling Wanda that it is okay, that he knows what she has to do, and I can tell he says the words I love you to her.

I fall down as I make my way to Steve and cry at seeing his body laying there before me. Suddenly a blast comes toward me and I cover my face bracing for the impact. Once the dust clears, I look to see Wanda knocked down, and Vision is gone and I know that she has done it.

Thanos takes a moment, and I think that we have won, as he walks up to Wanda, "I understand, my child. Better than anyone" he says looking down at her.
"You could never" she spats at him as she looks up.

Thanos then reaches down touching her head, "Today, I lost more than you can know" he tells her as he stops, "but now is no time to mourn. Now is no time at all" he says as he steps past her. He then reaches out using his gauntlet, it turns green and I watch as he makes Vision come back to life.

"No!" Wanda scream as she goes to attack the mad titan, he bats her away with his strength and she is sent flying back and lands hard on the ground. He lifts Vision up from the ground, and chokes him, as he rips the stone out of Visions head, and then drops Vision to the ground. I watch as Visions body turns grey, and I keep quiet, scared for once in my life of what the enemy might do next. I watch as Thanos places the stone in his gauntlet, and the power starts to go through his body, just as he goes to use the gauntlet, lighting comes at him. Thor comes flying in using his axe to fly at Thanos, and it lands in Thanos' chest.

Thor lands on the ground before Thanos, and walks up to the titan, "I told you... you'd die for that" Thor says these words as he presses the axe deeper into Thanos.

Thanos screams out in agony, as Thor then stops, "You should have" he says weakly to Thor, "you should... you should have gone for the head" Thanos says as he then snaps.

"No!" Thor screams out, as a blinding light flashes before us.
The light extinguishes as we see the gauntlet burned as is Thano's arm, "What did you do?' Thor asks. "What'd you do?" Thor then screams at him.

Thanos just looks around as he then disappears into the same cloud that had brought him to Wakanda. Suddenly Steve gasps, as he looks up at me, and I wrap my arms around him. Helping him get up, he holds his side, as he wraps an arm around me and we both walk toward Thor.

"Where'd he go?" Steve asks as he sees Thanos is gone. Steve then looks around for him, and I just shake my head knowing what had happened, "Thor, where'd he go?" he asks Thor again but Thor does not say a word.

"Steve? Willow?" we then hear Bucky calling out. Turning we see Bucky, and watch as he suddenly turns to dust, his gun dropping. Steve and I stumble over to where we just watched our friend disappear from.

Looking around we see that others are starting to disappear, we can hear Rhodey calling out for Sam, and don't hear Sam replying

Looking around we see that others are starting to disappear, we can hear Rhodey calling out for Sam, and don't hear Sam replying. I walk away from Steve, and toward where Wanda had just been beside Vision, and see that she is now gone. Hearing footsteps I look to see Natasha coming over toward me, and I quickly hug her, thankful that she had not disappeared. Soon Bruce came toward us in the Hulkbuster, along with Thor's racoon friend, and Rhodey. Steve comes up beside me and see's Vision's body, and he realizes that Wanda is gone too. I start to fall, as I am overwhelmed with emotions at what I had witnessed happening. Steve hold me as we both sit down beside Vision's body.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey starts to ask

"He did it, we lost" I cry out.
"Oh, God" Steve says as he and I come to the conclusion that we didn't win this time. He wraps his arms around me, and holds me tight, scared that I might disappear next.

After finally get our breath back, Steve and I slowly stand up, and leave with the others. We make our way back to the city of Wakanda, where we are informed by Okoye that T'Challa also had disappeared. Shock was still going through me and trying to process what had all happened, I felt everything spin around me as I felt my body shake and start to fall. I can feel Steve's arms wrap around my body as I see the world go black, and I get scared that this is it, that I am disappearing too.