2-Reunion

Standing in the doorway is the man that I hadn't seen in over seventy years, we both look at one another, unsure what to really say, until I step closer to him, and I reach out to touch him. I place a hand on his face, taking in all his features, as he looks down at me, and does the same.

"This...this can't be real" he says to me.
"Yes Steve, I'm real" I say to him and he pulls me close wrapping his arms around me. Steve holds me close and I wrap my arms around him, neither one of us wanting to believe the other is alive. After a few minutes, he pulls back and then leads me inside his apartment.

"Fury wouldn't tell me anything, he gave me everyone's files and wouldn't include yours, I figured he just didn't want to burden me with the possibility that you were gone" he says to me.

"Here I am alive and well for the past seventy years, Fury didn't even tell me they had found you and that you had been alive. I discovered it through a file that another agent had just dropped off at STARK Tower" I explain to him.
"You live at that big ugly tower?" he asks me.

"I've been staying with Howards son Anthony, he's my godson, and I've been having to keep a close eye on him, he can get a little out of hand" I tell him as we then go sit down on the loveseat.
"You've been alive all these years?" he then asks me.

"Yes Steve I have been, I couldn't bring myself to go with Howard when he tried to look for you, I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. I had to watch everyone around me grow old, and I had to deal with losing Howard and his wife Maria. I continued being an agent and worked for SHIELD, which I helped create. I was just starting to create a normal life for myself after all these years when I am given a file that states you're alive" I tell him.

"I can't imagine what you have been going through, living this life without anyone else that knows what you are going through" he says to me.
"It's been hard, but I managed, there were people I took under my wing at SHIELD that are like family to me, and I have Tony. They all kept me going after all this time, and they allowed me to have hope, that one day this could have been possible" I say as I reach over and take his hand in mine. "What I can't imagine is how you could have felt when you woke up in this time, what you had been thinking" I say to him.

"Confusion mostly, but the first thing I thought about was missing our date" he tells me.
"I think you had a pretty good excuse for missing it" I smile at him.
"I missed so much" he tells me.
"Yeah, but I'm sure I can help you get adjusted to everything new" I tell him.

"Yeah..I am defenitly going to need help, but I am suppose to be going on a mission tomorrow morning, so our reunion is going to have to wait" he tells me.
"Not really I am going on the same mission, that's how I discovered you were alive. Fury had an agent bring Tony and I files on what was going on and the people he wanted to regroup, and a file on you was in there. So I guess Artemis and Captain America are teaming up again" I say to him.

"I guess we are" he smiles at me, "Umm...do you have to go back to that tower in the middle of the city tonight?" he then asks me.
"No, Steve, I can stay here if you would like?" I say to him.
"Yeah..I would, umm do you need to go get anything though for tomorrow?" he asks me.
"I have a bag in my car, I always have a to go bag, cause I never know if I need to take off" I tell him as I then get up, and head for the door. "I will be right back Steve I promise" I tell him as he also gets up.

"I just want to make sure that this isn't a dream" he says to me as he follows me to the door, and we walk out of his apartment, and down stairs. The two of us leave the building and walk over to my car, and I unlock it going into the back seat. I reach in and grab my dufflebag that has all my things in it. I relock my car, and we head back inside the building and back to Steve's apartment.