1-Two Fossils

It was an early morning and Steve and I had agreed to meet at the park near by to do our usual run, as we ran through the park, we kept passing a fellow jogger that Steve insisted on telling that we were on his left. We continued to pass him, and at one point he shouted at Steve not to say anything, I had found the whole thing very amusing. We eventually stop running and come to find him leaning against a tree, "Need a medic" Steve calls out as we come over to him.

He laughs at Steve, "I need a new set of lungs, dude you two just ran, like 13 miles in 30 minutes" he says to us.

"Yeah, well we got a late start" I say to him.
"Really? You two should be ashamed of yourself. You should go take another lap" he says to us, "Did you two just take it? I assume you just took it" he jokes with us.

"What unit you with?" Steve then asks noticing the symbol on the mans sweater.
"58th Pararescue, but now I'm working down at the VA" he then puts his hand up, "Sam Wilson" he says as Steve takes his hand to help him up, "Steve Rogers, and she's Willow Harper" Steve tells him.
"I kind of put that together" Sam says to us, "Must have freaked you out, coming home after the whole defrosting thing" he says to Steve.

"It takes some getting used to, but I've got my girl to show me some new things" Steve says smiling at me, "It's good to meet you, Sam" Steve says as him and I start to walk away.
"It's your bed right?" Sam then says to us.
"What's that?" Steve turns back and asks Sam.

"Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there, I'd sleep on the ground, use rocks for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like—"
"Lying on a marshmallow" Steve says for him, "Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor" Steve says to him.
"Why didn't you say anything to me?" I ask Steve.

"Didn't want to trouble you, how long" Steve says as he looks at Sam.
"Two tours. You two must miss the good old days, huh?" Sam then says to us.

"Well, things aren't einterly that bad, food has gotten much better over the years, I mean we use to boil everything. Now having polio vaccines is great, and the internet, the internet has been so helpful. I've gotten him to read that a lot, to get him caught up on everything" I tell Sam, as I look up at Steve.
"Yeah, yeah she has" he smiles back at me.

Sam looks at the two of us, "Marvin Gaye, 1972, Trouble Man soundtrack" he then tells us, as Steve takes out his little notebook that he had of his list of things to look into, "Everything you missed jammed into one album" he explains.

"I'll put it on the list" Steve tells him as he writes it down, I hear my cell phone begin to go off, and I take it out seeing a incoming message.

MISSION ALERT. EXTRACTION IMMINENT BOTH OF YOU, MEET AT THE CURB 😊 I show Steve the message.
"All right Sam, duty calls, thanks for the run" Steve says shaking Sam's hand, "If that's what you call running" he jokes.

"Oh, that's how it is" Sam says.
"Oh that's how it is" Steve says bacl.
"Okay" Sam laughs, "Anytime you want to stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know" he then says as we head for the street.
"I'll keep it in mind" Steve says as we hear a car pull up.