5-Had Him on the Ropes

The next morning I get myself dressed into my war uniform and head back for headquarters to meet with Howard, Steve and Peggy. I arrive at headquarters and begin to look around when I find Peggy, "We are ready, if you can find Steve" she asks me. I nod at her and walk away looking for Steve, when I find him locking lips with a blonde.

"Excuse me Captain!" I say causing the two of them to break apart, and he looks at me in surprise, "if you two are done, they are ready for us, unless you wish to keep doing what you are doing" I say clearly upset with him as I walk away.
"Willow, wait" I hear Steve call out as I continue walking away.
"I guess you managed to find yourself the right partner after all" I say to him.
"Willow, that wasn't what you thought it, was" he says to me, as he fixes his tie.

"I wasn't thinking anything Captain, nothing at all" I say " You wanted to be a real solider like the rest of them, and now you are" I say to him as we get to the room we need to go in.
"What about you, how am I supposed to know you didn't find the right partner last night" he then says to me.

"I gave someone that opportunity and they didn't take it because clearly they don't understand women" I say as I then go into the area. I see Howard and greet him, "Mr. Stark Agent Carter says you have some things to show us" I say to him.

"Yes" he says to us as we walk among the many things his team is working on at the moment.

"Carbon polymer" he says showing us some items on a nearby table, "Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although HYDRA's not going to attack you with a pocket knife" he adds as we continue walking.
"I hear you're kinda attached" Howard says knocking on Steve's shield then pointing to my bow and arrows.
"It's handier than you think" Steve says about the shield.
"They are what I was trained with and what I prefer" I tell him.

"Well for you Agent Harper, I've created an assortment of arrows, some that explode on contact" he says showing me a set of arrows on the table. I pick one up and take a closer look at it, impressed.
"And for you Captain, I took the liberty of coming up with some options" Howard says as he shows a table full of different shield types, "This one's fun" he says about a specific rectangle shaped one, "She's been fitted with electrical relays" Howard says as Steve spots a rounded shield on a bottom shelf.

"What about this one?" he asks Howard.
"No, no, that's just a prototype" Howard tells him.
"What's it made of?" Steve asks him.
"Vibranuim, it's stronger than steel, and a third of the weight. It's completely vibration adsorbent" Howard tells him.
"How come it's not a standard issue" I hear Steve ask as I went back to the bow and arrow.
"That's the rarest metal on earth, what you're holding there, that's all we've got" I hear Howard say.

"You quite finished Mr Stark" we then hear Peggy say and I look over at her then Steve. Steve looks at me holding up the shield he had picked up.
"What do you think" he asks me, I then pick up a gun that is lying nearby and shoot at him as each bullet bounces off the shield.
"It seems to work very well" I say to him as I go back to the arrows.