6- He's Thawed Out

I exit the lab and look around for Steve, who I notice as disappeared, I try to think of where he might have gone off to, and realize he might be trying to see what Fury is hiding. I head down the hall and toward the storage facility spotting Steve breaking into it. I follow him through the door he had just pulled open, and see Agents inside. Steve jumps up onto the catwalk above and I follow him.

"Since when does Steve Rogers break and enter?" I whisper to him.
"Willow, you should have stayed and kept an eye on Stark" he says to me.
"No...I'm just as curious as you are of what SHIELD is up to. Like I said before; I left SHIELD years ago, and Fury has been keeping me out ever since, considering he didn't tell me that they found you" I tell him as we walk along the catwalk.  We head down the catwalk, when we notice what look like weapons crates down below.

The two of us jump down, and Steve and I both pry a case open, looking inside, we are taken aback by what we find.  Steve takes out one of the items we have found, and we make our way back to the lab.
"What is phase two?" we hear Tony ask.

"Phase two is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons" Steve says placing the gun down on the table

"Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me" he adds looking at Tony.
"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making..."Fury tries to explain.

"I'm sorry, Nick, what were you lying" Tony says as he shows us a display of them doing exactly that.
"I was wrong Director, the world hasn't changed a bit" Steve says this to Fury as Thor and Natasha.
"Did you know about this?"  Bruce asks Nat.
"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" she says to him.

"Heh, I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed" he responds to her.
"Loki is manipulating you" she tells him.
"And you've been doing what, exactly?" he asks her.
"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you" she says as she steps closer to him.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy" he says to her as he grabs at the screen pointing at it, "I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction" he asks looking at Fury.
"Yes, Nick...why is SHIELD creating these weapons?" I ask crossing my arms and giving him a stern look.

He takes a moment before pointing over at Thor, "Because of him"
"Me?" Thor asks and we all look at Nick for a better explanation.
"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned" he explains and I realize he is talking about the incident in Mexico City where he had tried to send me last year.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet" Thor says to Fury.
"But you're not the only people out there, are you?"Fury says back to him, and I remember when we had to deal with Carol Danvers.  "And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled" Fury says to all of us.