6-Still Taking Me To School

Tony and I head back to his now destroyed mansion, where Fury and a group of SHIELD agents follow. Tony changes out of his suit and meets Fury and I upstairs where we watch agents keeping surveillance over us.

"That thing in your chest is based on unfinished technology" Fury says to Tony.
"No, it was finished, it had never been particularly effective, until I miniaturized it and put it in my ..." Tony says indicating his chest.

"No, Howard said the arc reactor was the stepping stone to something greater, he was about to kick off an energy race that was gonna dwarf the arms race. He was on to something bog, something so big, that it was gonna make the nuclear reactor look like a triple-A battery" Fury tells the two of us, and this was something that even I didn't know about, having always been away on missions.

"Just him, or was Anton Vanko in on this, too?" Tony then asks as he pours himself a drink.

"Anton Vanko is the other side of that coin" Fury tells us, "Anton saw it as a way to get rich, when your father found out, he had him deported. When the Russians found out he couldn't deliver, they shipped his ass off to Siberia and he spent the next 20 years in a vodka-fuelled rage.  Not quite the environment you want to raise a kid in, the son you had the misfortune of crossing paths with in Monaco" Fury tells Tony.

"You told me I hadn't tried everything. What do you mean I haven't tried everything? What haven't I tried?" Tony then asks as I take a sip of my glass of sparkling water, it was a weird drink, of water mixed with these weird bubbles.

"He said that you were the only person with the means and knowledge to finish what he started" Fury says referring once again to Howard.
"He said that?" Tony asks Fury not believing him.
"Sounds like something your father would say" I tell Tony.

"Are you that guy? Hmm, are you?" Fury then asks him. "'Cause if you are then you can solve the riddle of your heart" Fury says to Tony.

Tony just looks at Fury and at me, before shaking his head, not believing what Fury has been trying to tell him, "I don't know where you get your information but he wasn't my biggest fan" he then says and my heart saddens at those words.
"What do you remember about your dad?" Fury then asks Tony.
"He was cold, he was calculating, he never told me he loved me. He never even told me he liked me,  so it's a little tough for me to digest when you're both telling me he said the whole future was riding on me and he's passing it down. I don't get that. You're talking about a guy whose happiest day was when he shipped me off to boarding school" Tony says to us.

"Tony that is not true at all" I say to him.
"Well, then clearly you knew my dad better than I did" he says to me.
"Of course I did, cause along with me he was a founding member of SHIELD" I tell Tony, as agents bring in a case and set it down in front of Tony and I.

"What?" Tony asks as I had never told him about that time in Howard's life.
"I got a 2:00" Fury then says to the two of us.
"Wait, wait, wait, what's this?" Tony then asks Fury as he stands up and I do the same.

"Okay, your good right?" Fury then asks him.
"No, I'm not good" Tony says to Fury.
"You got this, right, right" Fury says as he grabs his jacket.

"Got what? I don't even know what I'm supposed to get" Tony says looking at Fury then at me in confusion.
"I will help you Tony" I say, "Director Fury, I am right to assume that Natasha is going to remain a floater at STARK with her cover i tact for now" I say to him.
"Yes she will, and you remember Agent Coulson, right?" Fury asks Tony.
"Yep" he says to Fury.