7-Just Like Old Times

I land hard on the ground between Steve and Tony, "Put on the damn suit Anthony!" I say to Tony as Steve helps me up.
"Yep" Tony replies as he gets up taking off and we both follow.

"All Hands to Stations" we hear over the PA system as we make our way though the hellicarrier.
"Hill!" I then hear Fury through my comm. Link.
"External detonation. Number three engine is down" I hear Hill communicate back to him, as I hear more chatter coming through about what happened.

"Somebody's got to get outside and patch that engine" I hear Hill say through the comms.
"Stark, you copy that?" Fury then says.
"I'm on it" Tony responds to him as we continue to make our way toward the engines.

We get there and Tony looks at us, "Engine three, I'll meet you there" he says and Steve and I take off for the destroyed engine.
"Well this is fun isn't it" I remark to Steve.
"Just like old times right" he smiles at me as he gets to the door that would bring us to the engine. Steve uses his strength to pry the door open, and the agents trapped on the other side come through.

"Okay, Tony we're here" I call out to him.
"Got it" Tony replies coming into view, "Let's see what we got" he then says and we watch as he looks and assess the damage.
"I need you two to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position" he orders us before flying to another area.

"After you" Steve tells me, and I jump up grabbing a metal beam, and swing myself over toward the control panel.  Steve follows me, over and we both pull the control panel out.

"What's it look like in there?" Tony asks us.
"It seems to run on some form of electricity" Steve remarks.
"Well you're not wrong" Tony replies.

"Tony it's a hot mess" I then tell him, "But I can get the relays intact again, give me a minute" I tell him and I begin to fix the panel.
"Okay Tony the relays are all fixed" I tell Tony as Steve puts the panel back, "What's the next move?" I ask him.

"Even if I clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm going to have to get in there and push" He tells us.
"If that thing gets up to speed, you'll get shredded" Steve tells him.
"The stator control unit can reverse the polarity long enough to disengage maglev and that could"

"Speak English!" Steve then says to Tony.
"You see that red lever" Tony tells us and we both look over at it, "It will slow the rotors down long enough for me to get out. Stand by it, wait for my word" he tells us, and we both jump back over toward the lever.

As Steve and I stand there waiting for Tony to let us know when to pull the lever we hear movement and see rogue agents coming toward us. "Ready" I say to Steve.
"After you" he says to me and we watch as one starts to throw a grenade at us. I jump across, Steve follows me, kicking the grenade down, and it explodes in the air. The two of us jump down in front of the agents and we each take one on. I kick at the one that I land in front of knocking him back; as Steve takes the one he was fighting tossing him through the damaged hole and in the air. Just then another agent enters through the door, firing his gun at us, and I mange to grab a gun that is lying nearby and start firing back as Steve takes another one and tosses it at the man. The two of us then jump up gaining higher ground and Steve picks up the gun that is laying on the platform, and we both starting firing back.

"Just like old times" I say to him.
"Exactly like old times" he replies back as we continue firing, Just then the hellicarrier starts to turn and we both try not to lose our balance. As the agent below continues to fire at us, he barley misses Steve, who losses his footing and starts to slip, and falls off the broken platform. I look back to see him hanging on to one of the loose wires, and suddenly flashbacks of the moment we lost Bucky go through my mind.