1-You Missed Me

I was currently standing backstage with Happy as we waited for Tony's grand entrance at the STARK Expo. "He should be dropping in, in 3...2...1" I say and right on cue we watch as Tony drops down on the stage. I watch as the bots come out from beneath him and start to take his armour off while the scaddly clad Iron Girls finish up their dance. As the girls walk by I get memories flashing before me of when Steve and I had been going around doing our shows and I feel a tug at my heart. It also reminds of the Expo that Howard had  done that had brought  Steve into my life. I have to shake my head and wipe the tears that I had cause to fall with thinking about Steve. I then focus back on Tony who is on stage addressing the audience.

"It's good to be back, you missed me?" I hear him say to the audience.
"Blow something up!" I hear someone from the audience shout at him.
"I missed you, too. 'Blow something up' I already did that" Tony says, "I'm not saying that the world is enjoying it's longest period of uninterrupted peace in years because of me" the crowd erupts in cheers at those words, "I'm not saying that from the ashes of captivity, never has a greater phoenix metaphor been personified in human history. I'm not saying that Uncle Sam can kick back on a lawn chair, sipping on an iced tea because I haven't come across  anyone who's man enough to go toe-toe with me on my best day" he says this and the audience continues to cheer.

"I love you, Tony!" I can hear a woman shout and I just roll my eyes on annoyance.

"Please, it's not about me. It's not about you. It's not even about us, it's about legacy. It's about what we choose to leave behind for future generations. And that's why for the next year, and for the first time since 1974, the best and brightest men and women of nations and corporations the world over will pool their resources, share their collective vision to leave behind a brighter future. It's not about us. Therefore what I'm saying, if I'm saying anything is welcome back to the Stark Expo" he says to the audience and they applauded and cheer.

"And now, making a special guest appearance from the great beyond to tell you what it's all about, please welcome my father, Howard" Tony says this and the screen behind him starts to play a video clip of Howard and waves of emotion go through me ...

"And now, making a special guest appearance from the great beyond to tell you what it's all about, please welcome my father, Howard" Tony says this and the screen behind him starts to play a video clip of Howard and waves of emotion go through me once again as Tony starts to walk off to the side of the stage.

"Everything is achievable through technology. Better living, robust health, and for the first time in human history, the possibility of world peace. So from all of us here at Stark Industries, I would like to personally introduce you to the City of the Future. Technology holds infinite possibilities for mankind, and will one day rid society of all its ills. Soon technology will affect the way you life your life every day. No more tedious work, leaving more time for leisure activities and enjoying the sweet life. The Stark Expo, Welcome" the video ends and Tony walks over to me, and I can almost smell the alcohol coming off him. I had noticed he had been drinking a lot more than usual and I was starting to get worried, but choose not to say a word.

 I had noticed he had been drinking a lot more than usual and I was starting to get worried, but choose not to say a word