4- Want To Get Out

Steve and I arrive at SHIELD, changing into our suits, as we head upstairs, walking toward the room we were told to go to, we see Agent 13 standing outside a door, talking to Alexander Pierce. She sees us and walks away, walking past the two of us, "Captain Rogers, Agent Harper" she says.

"Neighbor" Steve says clearly still not happy that Nicholas had ordered someone to watch him

"Neighbor" Steve says clearly still not happy that Nicholas had ordered someone to watch him. The two of us then walk over to Pierce, who introduces himself to Steve.

"Sir, it's an honor" Steve says as the men shake hands.
"The honor's mine, Captain. My father served in the 101st, come on in" he says to us, "Agent Harper good to see you again" he says to me, and I nod at the man, as we follow him into the office.

"That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met, when I was at State Department in Bogota. E.L.N rebels took the embassy, and security got me out but the rebels took hostages" Pierce tells us, as Steve and I look at the photos Pierce had handed us, and I remember the situation clearly.

"Nicholas was the stationed there if I remember correctly, he was the Deputy Chief of the SHIELD" I say to Pierce.

He nods at me, "He comes to me with a plan, he wants to storm the building through the sewers. I said, "No, we'll negotiate'. Turned out, the E.L.N didn't negotiate, so they put out a kill order. They stormed the basement, and what do they find? They find it empty" Pierce says as he comes over to us placing a file down, and we sit down opposite him. "Nick had ignored my direct order, and carried out an unauthorized military operation of foreign soil and saved the lives of a dozen political officers" Pierce explains.

"Including your daughter" I add, remembering reading the file on the situation, "Which us why we gave him the promotion" I say.
"I've never had any cause to regret it" Pierce says to us, "Captain why was Nick in your apartment last night?" he then asks the two of us.

Steve shakes his head, "I don't know" he tells him.
"Did you know it was bugged?" Pierce then asks.
"I did, because Nick told me" Steve tells him.
"Did he tell you he was the one you bugged it?" Pierce then asks, and we both just look at him, and I was not surprised with the way things were happening. "I want you to see something" Pierce then says as he brings footage up on a screen behind us. We both look to see its Batroc in a room, "Who hired you Batroc?" we hear someone asking.

"Is this live?" I then ask.
"Yeah, they picked him up last night, in a not-so-safe house in Algiers" Pierce explains to us.
"Are you saying he's a suspect. Assassination isn't Batroc's line" Steve says to him.

"No, no it's more complicated than that. Batroc was hired anonymously to attack the Lumurian Star and he was contacted by email and paid by wire transfer, and then the money was run through 17 fictitious accounts" Pierce tells us, and we look at him, "The last one going to a holding company that was registered to a Jacob Veech" he adds handing Steve the file he had.
"Am I suppose to know who that is?" Steve asks him as we look over the file.
"Not likely, Veech died six years ago. His last address was 1435 Elmhurst Drive" Pierce explains, "When I first met Nick, his mother lived at 1437" he continues.