3-No Dame

For the next few months I travelled with Steve all around as they continued to use him as publicity for the war, eventually Senator Brandt wanted me to become part of the show hoping that I would win over woman, who would convince their men to join and fight the war. They used me as Steve's sidekick, and I was forced to wear a more womanly version of Steve's costume. This wasn't what our powers were meant to be used for, but it was all we could do. We went all around to different cities, doing these shows, and eventually doing some black and white films. Comic Books started to be created of us, but I really hated the way they were making Steve and me more than sidekicks. We were currently in Italy and Steve was on stage talking to the soldiers.

"Bring Back Madam America" I hear a heckler start to shout.

"She's done for the day" Steve tells him, as they continue to heckle him. I then pick up the bow and arrow I used as a prop, and head on stage. I start getting cat calls and cheers from the men, as I aim the bow and arrow at the man that had currently pulled his pants down. I shoot the arrow at the man, hitting his behind, and he groans in pain, even though the end of the arrow is rubber.

"We are just doing our stupid jobs, we are better than this and your Senator knows that" I shout clearly frustrated, as Steve has to pull me back and off stage.

"That wasn't a good idea" the Senator's aide says to me.
"Yeah well bloody Hell to that" I say as I grab my change of clothes.
"Willow, this is all we got for now" Steve says to me.

"This is not what I wanted when I joined the SSR, or when I offered to take Erskine's serum" I tell him as I go behind my curtain to change not wanting to be in my monkey suit anymore

"I know Willow, but maybe something will change" Steve tells me.
"I hope so Steve" I say to him.

Steve and I sit under the built stage, as the rain starts to pour, I am leaning my head on Steve's shoulder as I watch him draw in his book. We had gotten close over the few months we had been traveling together, but not close enough to admit any true feelings.

"Hello, Steve, Willow" we then hear a voice say and look up to see Peggy, who seems to think she has interrupted something.
"Peggy, what are you doing here" I say as I stand up and give my old friend a hug.
"Officially I am not here at all, that was quite the performance, and I loved what you did at the end Willow" she says to me.

"Yeah well we gotta improvise sometimes, the crowds we usually perform in front of are a bit well younger" I say to her as I go back down by Steve.
"I understand the two of you are "America's New Hope" she says.

"Bond sales take a 10% bump in every state we visit" Steve tells her as he puts his book down.
"Is that Senator Brandt I hear?" she questions.
"At least he's got us doing this, Phillips would have had me stuck in a lab" Steve tells her.
"And I would never be allowed to go onto the field" I tell her.
"And these are your only two options? A lab rat or a dancing monkey?" she says looking at his drawing  "You were meant for more than this, you know, both of you" she says as she looks at Steve, who is going to say something but stops, "What?" she asks him.