2- Taller

The next day I go with Peggy as we pick Steve up to take to our hidden location for the procedure, Steve looking out the window of the car as we head down the streets. "I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot, and behind that diner" he says pointing to the locations.

"Did you have something against running away?" Peggy asks him.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?" he says.

"I know a little of what that's like. To have every door shut in your face" Peggy tells him.
"I guess I just don't know why you'd wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame or a beautiful...a woman. An agent, not a dame! You are beautiful" Steve stammers.

I can't help but chuckle at him, "You clearly have a hard time talking to woman don't you?" I ask him.

"Talking to you and Agent Carter are the longest conversations I've had with one. Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on" he tells us.
"You must have danced?" Peggy asks him.
"Well asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying. And the past few years just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I 'd wait" he says.

"Wait for what exactly" I ask him.
"The right partner" he answers and gives me a quick glance just as the car comes to as stop.

"This way" I say as we step out of the car, and have Steve follow us to the antique shop that we use as a front for the lab.
"What are we doing here?" he asks us.

"Follow us" Peggy says as we walk inside, the bell at the top of the door rings. Peggy and I look around for a second when a woman comes out from the back.
"Wonderful weather this morning isn't it?" the woman says to us.
"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella" Peggy replies and the woman walks over to a nearby counter.

Peggy and I head along with Steve and head to a back area and look at a wall of books, when after a moment they open up to reveal our hidden operation. Walking down the long hall we head for the doors at the end and they open for us walking inside, we head to the railing and look down. I watch as Steve looks around taking it all in before we head for the set of stairs making our way down.

"Good morning "Erskine says when he sees us with Steve, shaking Steve's hand as a photographer takes a picture.

"Please not now" Erskine tells the man, who then walks away. I watch as Steve looks at the pod that he was to go in, "Are you ready?" Erskine asks him, and Steve nods. "Good, take off your shirt, your tie and your hat" he tells him. Steve does this and then climbs up into the pod laying down inside, something starts to worry me about this whole ordeal, and my senses start to peak up.

"Comfortable?" Erskine asks Steve.
"It's a little big, you save me any of that schnapps?" Steve ask him and I give a light smile.

"Not as much as I should have, Sorry, next time

"Not as much as I should have, Sorry, next time. Mr Stark, how are your levels?" Erskine then asks Howard who is seated nearby.
"Levels at 100 %" Howard replies as he comes over to tell us.
"Good" Erskine says.
"We may dim half the lights in Brooklyn, but we are ready as we'll never be" Howard says as he gives me a small smile as I stand by him, starting to look around the room taking each person in.