simply 'platonic'

"shh!" daniel hushed the obnoxiously loud boys as they entered his home studio. he closed the door behind them and gestured over to the sleeping brunet on the couch. he was curled up on his side with his back pressed against the headrest of the gray sofa, soft breaths leaving his button nose.

"how long has he been sleeping for?" jonah questioned, taking a seat on the piano bench.

"only a half hour," daniel replied. he admiringly looked over at the sleepy boy and slightly pouted his bottom lip. the two had been writing songs earlier and it had totally wiped him out—he fell asleep as soon as he hit the couch.

jack began flipping through the notebook of lyrics, a small smile growing across his face. "aww did you guys write these about each other?" he teased, skimming down the pages.

"shut up jack. you know it's not like that," daniel awkwardly cowered over to the kitchen portion of the studio and grabbed a folded up blanket from off the table. he unraveled it and gently laid the soft fabric across his bandmate, tucking him into the warmth.

"yeah, no, it's not like your wrapping him in a blanket or anything," zach chuckled, rolling his dark eyes. "you two need to hurry up and progress in this terribly slow moving relationship."

"there's no relationship. it's simply platonic." the blond carded his fingers through corbyn's fluffy hair and left a lingering kiss to his pale forehead.

"please just ask him out," jack groaned.

daniel chose to ignore the shorter's. comment. he stayed kneeled beside corbyn, watching the poor boy uncomfortably shift on the cramped couch. "i think i'm gonna move him to my room. that way he can get actual rest and we can work on some music."

"boyfriend goals!" zach menacingly shouted.

"shh!" daniel scolded.

he slipped his arms under the older and pulled his body to the end of the couch before using the strength in his legs to lift him all the way up. the blanket managed to slip away from his body causing daniel to frown.

"i got it," jonah grabbed the blanket from off the floor and lazily threw it back over the brunet. daniel used one arm to fix it and tightly hugged it to the unconscious boy's body.

"okay, i'll be back," he announced before walking out of the studio.

as he walked passed his pool, corbyn began to groan and rub at his eyes.

"it's okay sweetie, i'm just putting you in my bed," daniel said softly. corbyn snuggled his head into daniel's chest and let the male carry him through the house and up into his room. corbyn instinctively whined when daniel placed him in the bed. he missed the warmth of his best friend and wanted nothing more than to be back in his arms.

"dani, don't leave," he whispered, now clutching on to the gray blanket that was previously draped on him.

"i'm gonna go work with the boys for a few minutes," daniel explained, sitting at the edge of the bed. he caressed the side of corbyn's smooth face, the older boy nuzzling his cheek into the warm palm. "i'll come right back up when i'm done," he assured.

"but i want you to stay."

daniel's heart fluttered, sending butterflies through his stomach. he leaned down and pressed a dozen kisses into corbyn's hair before making sure he was still securely tucked in the blankets, "fall back asleep honey, i'll be back with you before you know it."

corbyn eventually did get some more sleep and daniel was able to return back to the boys in the studio, but the second the brunet woke back up without daniel in the vicinity of him, he was angry.

he grumpily rolled out of daniel's bed which had left the scent of the younger male lingering on his clothes (he absolutely loved that) and he wrapped the blanket over his shoulders, letting it cascade down his back. he slipped on some of daniel's slides which were left by the door and left the house, traveling through the backyard.

he reached the studio and pulled open the door, eyes adjusting to the blue colored lights they had flashing inside.

"ay sleeping beauty decided to wake up," zach smiled, twisting his spinning chair around to face the older.

corbyn shuffled over to daniel who was sat on the couch and tugged at the sleeve of his hoodie. "what love?" he questioned.

"sit," corbyn grumbled.

daniel laughed and moved the guitar from out of his lap, allowing for the brunet to replace it. he wrapped his arms around the clingy boy, gently bouncing his knee.

"its just platonic," jack mocked while making a face at the two, "you guys are so dumb."

"leave them alone," jonah sighed.

"you didn't come up to bed," corbyn complained to the blond that he was currently sat on top of.

"i'm sorry baby, i lost track of time," he apologized.

corbyn grabbed his hand and began to mess with his fingers, "it's okay," he yawned, "what have you guys been working on?"

"daniel's writing you a love song!" jack blurted out. it was sort of a lie since daniel never specified who his lyrics were about, but the boys knew.

the blond rolled his eyes, "he's an idiot."

"well i'm gonna go call and order us something for dinner. chinese food sound good?" corbyn questioned as he grabbed daniel's phone from off the table in front of them. a series of agreements broke out amongst the band and corbyn left the noisy studio to order in their meals.

"daniel, he was sitting in your lap! you can't tell us you don't have feelings!" zach argued.

"i cannot confirm or deny that statement."

"stubborn bitches," jack huffed, "you call him baby, hold him, kiss his head, how on earth is that just a friendship?"

"don't know," daniel shrugged.

"don't listen to them. whenever you two decide to date, we'll be here to support you unconditionally and we won't pester you about every aspect of your relationship, correct boys?" jonah looked over at the younger two and they sadly nodded.

"can we at least plan a few dates for you guys?" jack fake whimpered.

"no."

"please."

"no."

"please!!!"

"i hate you guys," daniel picked up corbyn's fallen blanket from of the floor and neatly folded it over his arms, "now if you excuse me, i'm going to go see my friend corbyn."

[a/n]
okay sorry i haven't updated in a minute, i've been focusing on my other book. it's j a lot to focus on getting everything done, but i'm trying to get back to oneshots! i'm really sorry about anyone who has requested, imma try to get those done. but rn its 5:30 in the morning and it's about time i go to bed so yeah.