evening in the pool

-cute lil thing while i procrastinate hw and wait for this mv. also i'm working on requests and i should have those done soon.

"baby, just jump in!"

daniel tugged at corbyn's hands as the brunet boy stayed glued to the edge of the pool, feet dangling in the water. he whined and rubbed his shins together, "it's cold though!"

"i promise, it's fine once you get in," daniel laughed. he moved to stand between the boy's legs, hands rested at corbyn's waist, "plus, i'll make sure you stay warm," his raspy tone set butterflies fluttering through corbyn's stomach. the brunet scooted further and further until he was on the last inch of cement left. daniel lightly pulled the boy in, keeping his arms wrapped around the now shivering brunet.

"ok...wow," corbyn breathed. he lightly hopped up and down, trying to keep from freezing as his hands grabbed on to daniel's shoulders for support.

"see, i have you baby," the blond laughed. he pressed his chest against his lover's and he swore he could feel corbyn's heart beating against him. he kissed the top of his head before guiding them into the deeper end of the pool, "dunk your head under honey, your shaking."

corbyn shook his head, "n-no i'm good. i don't want my hair wet anyways."

daniel sweetly smiled at the boy with an understanding nod. he may have tried to shove corbyn under the water like usual if it weren't for the breathtaking view before him. corbyn's skin glistening in the golden hour light, his pretty green eyes sparkling with love, his small smile that brought little creases along his cheeks; everything about this man was perfect.

daniel leaned forwards, pressing his lips to corbyn's. he passionately kissed his boyfriend before pulling away and resting their foreheads against each other's. "i love you," he hummed.

"i love you too handsome," corbyn giggled. he puckered his lips and trailed a few kisses along his cheeks and nose, flustering the taller boy. "your so cute," he teased.

daniel rolled his eyes. the water allowed for daniel to lift the boy with ease, resulting in a gasp from the brunet who was new perched above daniel's height.

"please don't drop me!" he cried when the blond began trudging through the water. "dani, dani," his words were cut off by his oncoming laughter, "baby put me down!" he begged.

daniel smirked, "okay," he shrugged, "but you asked for it." he acted as if he were about to throw the boy, but corbyn kept a death grip on his boyfriend and safely dropped back into the slightly warmer water, daniel holding him so he wouldn't go under.

"wait, bubba, look at the pretty sky!" corbyn exclaimed, taking a chance to look up at the pink and orange blanket that coated the earth. he pointed upwards with a bright smile while daniel wrapped his arms around the boy from behind.

"it's beautiful," daniel murmured into corbyn's ear. he turned his head to the side and kissed corbyn's cheek, "can i say it?"

corbyn rolled his eyes, already knowing what was coming. "go ahead," he huffed, trying to hold back his smile.

"your even more beautiful," daniel kissed his shoulder, unable to view the growing blush on the brunet's face. "sorry, i have to do this," he whispered.

in an instance corbyn could feel his feet be lifted from off the pool floor. his body launched backwards into the water, daniel falling back with him like they were performing some wrestling move.

"you bitch!" corbyn yelled, shaking out his drenched hair. he slapped the laughing boy's chest and pushed him backwards with a frown. he pouted his lips and crossed his arms over his chest like a toddler.

"baby," daniel coo'd tugging at his forearms, "i had to. its tradition!"

"well i don't like this tradition," he murmured, splashing water up into daniel's face which scrunched up to keep the drops from landing in his eyes. "now i'm cold again," he shivered.

daniel managed to grab his hand and pull him over to the fancy staircase. he led the boy out of the pool and grabbed a baby blue towel, wrapping the brunet into it. he threw his own green towel around his neck and embraced his trembling boyfriend. "its okay lovely, i'll warm you right back up."

daniel sat down on the lounge chair, pulling corbyn into his lap. he bounced him on his knee like he was a baby and kept his arms securely hugged around his abdomen. "i'm hungry," the cold boy whined.

daniel hummed in agreement, "the food should be here in twenty minutes i think. jack just called it in."

"lean," corbyn sighed, pushing daniel so his back was rested against the back rest of the chair. he sat himself in between his boyfriend's legs and laid on top of daniel, using his body as a bed, "i'm going to take a nap. wake me when it's here."

daniel let his hands rest on corbyn's stomach as he protectively watched over the boy who was resting on top of him. corbyn really was his whole entire life. he was his best friend, his boyfriend, his partner in crime, his bandmate. it was impossible to imagine a life without him.

both boys laid in content. their bodies basked in the warm colors of the sky and their hair danced in the breeze. daniel cleared his throat and grabbed a hold of corbyn's hand, "i'm gonna marry you one day," he whispered, playing with his ring finger.

corbyn who had not yet fallen asleep, let a smile paint his face. i'd love to be your husband...he thought with a sigh.

it was exactly two years later that they made their wishes into a reality. and yes, daniel threw his husband into the pool that night.

a/n
i love corbyn matthew besson if that wasn't clear enough already 🤪☁️✨✌🏼💛

•a/ni love corbyn matthew besson if that wasn't clear enough already 🤪☁️✨✌🏼💛