lets get out of here

warning(s);
-au
-all of the boys are 21

corbyn slapped the damp rag on to the countertop, scrubbing away anything left from the previous hours. his other co-workers were shuffling around him, taking away plates and re-stocking items before their shift ended.

"going to the party tonight besson?" jonah asked from behind the counter. the brunet's father owned the diner so he could usually be found here helping out. corbyn just shrugged as he put away the dirty cloth. "cmon, you haven't been in forever," he begged, "plus i think there will be some cute guys there," he teased.

jonah and corbyn had a complicated relationship. they knew each other too well to be acquaintances, but weren't exactly friendly enough to be friends. it was almost frenemies in a way.

"i don't care," he huffed. he walked passed jonah, grabbing his back pack from off the tile floor, "those parties never end well. that's why i stopped going."

corbyn had a valid point. the town they lived in was on the smaller side. just about everybody knew each other. daniel seavey, a well known local, threw a massive party every few weeks. he was always spoiled growing up and now that he graduated high school a few years back, his parents let him live of their money. corbyn envied his life. he wished his parents would spoil him with everything he wanted. instead the second he turned eighteen, they left him in the small town of woodport and moved across the country. he hadn't seen them since.

"this is why nobody liked you in high school. you never did anything."

corbyn walked out of the diner, having had enough of being pestered by jonah. he walked down the well lit streets, enjoying the lampposts that aligned the side walks. without them it'd be pitch black and look like something out of a horror movie.

instead of returning to his tiny apartment, he turned left at the end of the street. he gravitated towards the boat docks which belonged to the giant lake that this town was placed on. it was always calming down by the water.

he sat at the edge of the dock, looking out across the lake which was very still tonight. there wasn't any wind or boats out to disturb the peaceful waters; it was perfect.

his eyes were fixed on the moon above. it was so beautiful up in the dark sky. he let his legs dangle over the side of the dock as he leaned back on his arms which were placed behind him for support. corbyn would sit out here for hours sometimes, just pondering over life; what his purpose was here.

he jumped at the sound of heavy footsteps behind him. too scared to look at the presence inching closer to him, he sat frozen, only focused on the moon.

"hey," a deep, raspy, tired sounding voice said from beside him. he watched as the man sat down beside him, getting into the same position he was in. the second corbyn saw those ocean blue eyes he knew who he was looking at.

"daniel? don't you have a party to be hosting?" he chuckled before squinting his eyes at the boy as if he were trying to examine him, "wait are you drunk? that's the onl-

"no corbyn," he sighed, "i just," he took a pause, taking in the fresh air, "i just don't feel like partying anymore."

corbyn tilted his head, looking at the boy like he was an alien. "bullshit," he rolled his eyes.

"see this is why!" he exclaimed, "i don't want to be known for throwing parties that usually end up with people in the hospital or trouble with the police. i'm sick of it and i've never truly enjoyed them!" he yelled in frustration. corbyn was shocked. daniel had it all, how could he possibly not like it anymore. "you probably judge me based off the things you hear," daniel mumbled, "most people do. they think i'm some rich frat boy who only cares about drugs, sex, and drinking."

corbyn felt his heart ache for the boy. quite frankly, he didn't think daniel even knew of him. sure they all went to the same school from pre-k to high school, but corbyn tended to blend into the back of the crowd. "i- i'm sorry you have to deal with that," corbyn whispered, "i thought you liked the parties. why keep having them if-

he cut corbyn off, "because i'm a seavey!" he exclaimed, "my older brothers were in charge of the parties before me and even before that my parents were known for them," he explained. he removed his bomber jacket, throwing it to the side of the dock. he wore a simple white shirt under that which showed off his very prominent biceps. "i feel like i'm letting my family down. there's so much pressure on me to continue this stupid line of being rich and rotten. i want to be normal and settle down with somebody and have a family," he sighed.

corbyn gave him a sad smile. he reached his hand out to grab daniel's who accepted the gesture. corbyn was always an affectionate person. he always wanted to give people hugs and make them feel better. he didn't grow up in a loving household, therefore he craved the feeling of comfort. "do you want to leave woodport?" corbyn asked.

daniel hadn't really thought of that before. he always thought he'd be stuck in this shitty town. "i-i don't know. i don't think i can."

the blond squeezed his hand tighter as he scooted over to him. "i want to leave," corbyn admitted, "there's nothing for me here. nobody really likes me, the few friends i had moved away for college. it's just really lonely."

"why haven't you left?" daniel asked.

"i don't have money. if i did i would've been out of here long ago," he laughed, "i think my goal is to make it out to california. i've dreamed of living there since i was little."

daniel turned his head away from the lake and over to corbyn. he studied the boy's face. his eyes were lit up by the moonlight which created a glow across his face. he couldn't deny the fact that the blond was cute. "i think i want to go there too," daniel smiled, "how bout we go together. me and you, tomorrow night."

corbyn's eyes widened. he hadn't talked to daniel since the project they did together in ninth grade and now he was asking him to move away together. "but the mon-

"i'll take care of that. it's the least i could do for you," daniel said happily. he started envisioning his life out on the west coast. the ocean, the food, the weather, the cities, the music; everything seemed appealing.

"what have i done for you though?" corbyn asked. daniel wrapped his arm around corbyn, kissing his temple.

"so much," he whispered, "you made me realize that this is my life and that i don't need to be stuck with my stupid family's way of doing things."

corbyn blushed, cuddling further into his side. "let's do it."

a/n i might make this into a book idk idk 🤷🏼‍♀️