admit it

"you invited who!?"

corbyn's voice echoed through the whole house, almost rattling the paintings on the wall. his breathing hitched, as he clenched his palms together, digging his nails into his own skin. the pain didn't bother him, if anything it calmed him.

jonah gave the blond a confused look, unsure of why he'd reacted in this manner. "daniel. you know our best friend and bandmate. are you feeling okay?" he asked in concern, trying to rest his palm against corbyn's forehead. the younger slapped his hand away, moving backwards as he backed up into the counter beside the oven.

"no i'm not fine!" corbyn snapped, "i told you i needed a break from people. i thought you were just having like tate over? why daniel?"

jonah's eyes trailed over to jordan and eben who were just as confused about his behavior. "he's our frie- wait what the fuck? did you hit your head or something?" nobody had a clue as to what the nonsense fleeing corbyn's lips was about. it wasn't out of the ordinary for one of their bandmates to come over. they were practically at their house every day.

"just forget it," corbyn huffed. he wasn't about to explain everything to the three. "i'll be in my room. don't bother me." he stormed up the stairs, slamming his door shut and then locking it. the blood coursing through his veins felt like it was boiling as he paced around his room. seeing daniel was the last thing he wanted.

he resorted to blasting some music to get his mind off things as he reorganized his closet for the fifth time this week. he hated organization before so he didn't know why all of a sudden he felt the constant need to make everything perfect, but he did. he decided to do it by color instead of brand this time. he created a rainbow pattern, filling the rods with clothes. it felt some what therapeutic.

"corbyn, open the door!" jordan yelled, fist pounding against the wood. he scowled at the thought of his younger brother before walking out of his closet and swinging the door open with more force than needed. upon opening it, he could now hear the chatter of many people, a certain someone's voice included.

"daniel and his family are here. jack's coming with his mom and sydnie. ashley's coming and i'm pretty sure zach is too. stop acting like a child and get out of your room," he growled, gripping his brothers wrist. it was unfortunate for corbyn that jordan was much stronger than he was. his body got tugged down the stairs and down the hall to where he could get a view of everybody gathered outside.

"i'm not up for a stupid cookout," corbyn argued.

jordan laughed, tightening his grip, "yeah, well suck it up. these are your friends, practically your family. you're embarrassing."

the glass door was slid open, out coming the two besson boys. all attention was brought to them, hearing the nasty words fly at each other. corbyn was visibly struggling in his brother's grip as the younger reprimanded him as if he was the older brother.

"boys!" ashley yelled, walking through the gate. "would you quit fighting for once in your life! i can hear you from the driveway!" she walked between the two, pushing them away. the two brothers knew better than to get in ashley's way when she was mad.

"great. you upset ashley and made a fool of us," jordan mumbled. he gave the shorter a push before storming away. corbyn shook out his bright red wrists that had just begun to hold a purple color at the lack of circulation jordan allowed. he shamefully looked around, but nobody seemed to care about the fit the two boys took anymore. the only eyes on him were daniel's.

he was sitting by the pool with eben and christian. he was shirtless and held a beer in one hand. he was gently biting at his bottom lip probably in lust for corbyn. he set his drink aside and patted the spot next to him, in offer for him to come sit. he denied though and retreated back into the house.