overworked

requested by @-ISTANYOU

corbyn's fingers were going at the speed of light, furiously pressing into the keys of his laptop. a deep sigh escaped from his lips as he switched the tab back over to one of his many many emails.

PLEASE COMPLETE BY THURSDAY  7/9. THANK YOU!

his eyes burned back into the screen. somehow thursday had snuck up on the boy who was usually on top of it all. it was already wednesday and he had loads and loads of dreadful work to finish. all the other boys had completed theirs making it quite uncommon for corbyn to be last.

"do you not understand the term vacation?" daniel rolled his eyes as he busted into the his and the brunet's shared room. the villa they'd been staying in didn't have enough rooms for everyone to have their own so the two boys were forced to share; not that either of them minded.

he walked to the far side of the room and pulled open the blinds, allowing the room to drown in the bright sunlight. he then pushed open the glass panes taking in a deep breath of the warm summer air. just now, the faint voices of their friends who were around the opposite side of the house could be heard. distant yelling and screaming only made corbyn groan as he spun his chair around to face daniel.

"i have so much work to get done," he mumbled, "i'll hangout when it's all finished."

daniel just now got a view of corbyn's pale, sullen expression. it was odd considering the rest of his body had a good tan going as they were in cabo for the next two weeks. the younger gave his bandmate a sympathetic smile, "an hour break won't hurt," he said softly, sitting himself at the edge of their bed.

"i can't dani," he spun back around and began scrolling through endless documents, "i still have to get all of this done, i have so many emails to answer, not to mention i haven't even opened any of the song files the label sent us. i put it off, its my responsibility to get it done."

"alright," daniel frowned. he walked over to the door, looking back at the brunet one last time, "just please don't overwork yourself. i know how you get when your stressed."

corbyn definitely should've taken daniel's advice because now it was dinner time and he was still cooped up in the bedroom. it felt like mini explosions were ricocheting back and forth through his skull, cramping his poor mind. the boy hadn't even eaten since breakfast and he ran out of water hours ago.

he scowled at sound of laughter coming from downstairs. he envied their happiness—he should be just as happy as they are. they were on vacation in cabo and here he was driving himself mad over work he procrastinated on doing.

"that's it!" daniel yelled, storming into the room just as he had done earlier. he grabbed the chair corbyn was sitting in and slid it away from the desk, allowing himself to step forwards to the laptop. he made sure corbyn's work saved before he slammed it closed.

"daniel!" corbyn yelled, jumping up from his chair, "i was about to finish that!" he tried to fight for the laptop, but the boy was overcome with a feeling of dizziness as he wobbled over to the dresser, using it to support himself.

"easy," daniel hushed, setting the computer back on the desk. he grabbed corbyn's hand making it clear that he wasn't here to be his enemy even if he had interrupted everything corbyn was working on. he used his other hand to tilt corbyn's chin upwards, "corb," he coo'd upon seeing his red, irritated eyes, and the same pale face he had noticed earlier, "how about you come eat a little something and have some water."

daniel helped guide the tired boy down the stairs. they passed by the noisy living room, ignoring the calls of their slightly drunk friends. he helped the brunet sit up on the island stool before gliding across the tiled kitchen floors. he grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and poured it into a tall glass, sliding it across the countertop and over to corbyn. "drink that please," he ushered like a concerned mother. he then placed a slice of pizza on to a dish and set it down in front of the boy.