winter things

a/n lol inspired by ari's song bc shes my literal baby and i love her more than words

"i'm just saying, it has no right being this hot in december," corbyn shrugged. he uncomfortably shifted his arms out of his crewneck, but still kept the clothing draped over his body which allowed for his white tank top to peek through. it felt like summer again. they did technically live in la and he should be used to the weather by now, but something about heat in the winter time made him especially angry. it should be a time for warm hoodies, sweatpants, hot chocolate, blankets, and fireplaces. instead he was jumping in the pool after a long day of work.

daniel chuckled at the complaining boy and waved his hand in front of the brunet in attempt to cool him down. "after this interview we can go swimming," he suggested. they'd been at daniel's for their virtual interviews (covid life things) and their daily routine consisted of the day ending in his pool

just as the other three boys were about to agree, corbyn raised his hand and cut them off, "no!" he interjected, "i don't care if it's eighty degrees, we're doing something winter related."

"like what? build a snow man made of sand?" jack chuckled from behind the boy.

"maybe sand sledding?" zach laughed.

corbyn whined, directing his eyes over to jonah and daniel. he gave them a pleading glare, and cutely huddled his eyebrows together, "we could watch christmas movies and bake cookies?"

daniel smiled and rested his hand over corbyn's knee, "we did that yesterday darling," he absentmindedly traced his thumb in circles over the clothed skin, "how about we decorate a tree?"

"you already have a tree," the deflated boy sighed, "and we don't have any other ornaments or-"

"we'll get them. we'll buy a little fake tree and it can go right in my living room and then we can pick up stuff to decorate it with. how's that sound?" daniel enjoyed nothing more than watching his boyfriend's face light up. the brunet happily nodded and pressed a kiss to daniel's cheek with a shy smiled.

"not daniel simping," zach teased as he flicked the back of the blond's head.

"shut up zach, their happy!" jonah threw the youngest boy a fatherly glare and rolled his eyes.

after the gruesomely long interview, daniel and corbyn took a ride to target and picked up everything they needed. ornaments of all sorts, a star to top the tree, an assortment of lights, baby candy canes to hang off the branches, and even some beads. oh, and of course they bought the tree.

corbyn excitedly rushed into daniel's living room, bags in both of his hands. "you guys are still here?" he snorted at the sight of their three other band mates that just so happened to get left out of the couple's festivities.

"well we worked out for a little while," zach explained, "but then we got bored so we're having a shrek marathon."

corbyn laughed at them before setting the bags down beside the couch. he walked to the back of the room, tilting his head at the large tree that was stuffed in the corner. "maybe we can put our tree on a little table next to it," he suggested to daniel who had just brought in the box with the fake tree.

"mmh, i have a table in my bedroom that's not being used. i'll go get it, you start opening the stuff."

corbyn grabbed a pair of scissors from the kitchen and cut through the tape and random protective wires and endless amounts of plastic. he laid the branches of the tree out in front of him and held up the small book of directions, flipping through the tiny pages. after looking at the pictures of what to do, he had a pretty good idea, and threw the instructions off to the side.