flower boy

heyy if u requested something i promise imma try to get those up soon, i just had a lot of school shit to get done this week!

thin blades of grass tickled the baby's pale feet as he began to crawl through this new world to him. his hands dug into the dirt, using all of his strength to keep propelling forwards. soft giggles escaped his lips every time his arms failed him and he stumbled down on to his stomach. he would always get back up though.

corbyn captured it all on his phone. he moved with the infant, encouraging words being shouted out at his little boy. "good job august," he congratulated. he let his eyes drift away from the baby so he could stop his recording and send it to his fiancé. when he looked back up he found the curious boy trying to stick a dandelion in his mouth. corbyn didn't scold the boy. he simply laughed and crawled over to his son, taking the plant away, "don't eat those honey. you'll get sick." he knew the boy couldn't comprehend him, but his simple shake of his pointer finger was hopefully enough to alert the little guy.

corbyn looked around his surroundings with a sigh of satisfaction. life didn't feel real. here he was in his large backyard with his dream job, plenty of money, a loving fiancé, and a beautiful baby boy. he was only twenty five and he felt as if he had it all. it made him feel a little guilty. there were so many people in this world who were struggling to even survive while he was living a life of luxury.

his eyes travelled back to august. he knew how he wanted to raise this boy. he'd grow up with all the love and all the fancy things in the world, but there was no way corbyn was letting him turn out to be some spoiled brat. he was going to teach his son to have empathy for others and to give a damn about people in need.

"thank you baby," corbyn smiled as the boy's tiny hand dropped flower petals into his own. he glanced back at his phone, noticing that his fiancé had responded to the video.

he's too cute 😍🥺😘

be home in a few minutes
honey ❤️

"aug, your all dirty," corbyn sighed. he used his thumb to wipe a smear of dirt from off the boy's cheek. he let the baby continue to roam the field of short cut grass, curiously adventuring in the land of green.

he followed his son around until they reached the section of the yard with towering high plants; or at least towering high to little august. they grew far passed his little head, it must've been like a forest to him. the tall grasses, weeds, and flowers engulfed the boy as he fell into them. "no auggie!" corbyn chuckled, scooping the boy back into his arms.

his big blue eyes that he had received from his parents gleamed with joy as he stared up at corbyn. he made grabby hands towards the plants again, seemingly intrigued in the autotrophic beings. corbyn sat on the ground, just before the land broke off into the tall plants. he sat before them, august in his lap. gently, he brought forwards a yellow flower, careful not to break it, "this is a flower aug."

his mouth fell open as if he had never seen one before. the boy was six, close to seven months old. he had been introduced to a variety of plants in his short lifetime and just minutes ago he had been sticking one in his mouth. why he was so shocked? corbyn would never know. babies were not the most understandable creatures, but yet again they didn't understand much themselves.

the sound of rustling behind the boys made corbyn perk up with nerves. he whipped his head back before being comforted by the soft touch of a warm hand on his shoulder. "jesus daniel, you scared me!"

daniel laughed and sat beside him. he kissed his soon to be husband and wrapped his little family into a hug. "hi my loves," he said in a raspy tone. his arm snaked around corbyn's waist, pulling the boy against his side.  august took notice of his other father and immediately scrambled from corbyn's lap, plopping himself into daniel's arms.

"how was jack's?" the brunet questioned. he was supposed to go as well as their friends had a small barbecue there, but august had a rough night and corbyn wasn't feeling up to leaving the house.

"it was alright," daniel shrugged, "i missed my babies though." he squeezed august's sides and placed a kiss in his soft hair, "did you give him a bath?" he asked, picking up on the lavender scent.

corbyn nodded, "he threw strawberries all over himself at lunch earlier."

"auggie!" daniel exclaimed, lifting up the fidgeting boy. he drifted the boy through the air as if he were flying, leading to a series of giggles.

"please be careful babe," corbyn reminded, watching his baby be jostled around in the air.

daniel brought him back down against his chest, "i know darling," he laughed at corbyn's protectiveness. he found it adorable, how his fiancé went all 'mama bear' mode or in this case 'dada bear'.

once august was set back in the grass, he immediately descended back towards the tall flowers. his little hands grabbed at the stems, squeezing the thin tubes tightly, "gentle auggie," corbyn pried his hand away from the poor plant, "we have to be nice to the flowers. their nice to us." 

"how are flowers nice to us?" daniel questioned.

"daniel," corbyn rolled his eyes, "you buy me flowers all the time."

before corbyn could stop his son, he had pulled a whole flower out of the ground. he proudly smiled up at his parents, thinking he had done good. "corbyn i know you love plants, but he looks so happy please don't take that away from him," daniel said quickly, cooing over how precious his son was. he grabbed the flower from august's hand and broke off part off the stem. he delicately pushed the stem behind his son's ear, leaving the flower to rest up by his temple.

corbyn smiled and took a quick picture before august could rip the plant from his hair. "alright, i think that's enough outdoors for today," corbyn sighed. he picked up the infant and began the walk back to their house, daniel trailing beside him. "can you put him down for a nap?" he asked, handing the baby over to daniel.

"yeah," the blond answered, yawning himself, "i think we could all use a nap."

"race you to the bedroom!"

[a/n]
lol i hate this