hate this life |2|

the five boys sat silently at the breakfast table. normally they'd be soaking in the warm sunlight that shined through the windows, but corbyn had requested for the curtains and blinds to be shut this morning.

he pushed his eggs around with his fork before sighing. the tense energy was threatening to say the least. he looked over at daniel who sat next to him and involuntarily whimpered as if it were a cry for help.

"corbyn do you want to talk?" jack asked, breaking the silence. he gulped, setting his fork down with a shrug. "we know your not doing well and maybe you don't want to open up to all of us, but please know how much we love you corbyn. you mean the world to us."

"if you love me then find away to get me out of this," he numbly mumbled.

"out of what? the band?" jonah asked. when the boys watched corbyn nod, their hearts dropped. "do you really want that? after everything you've worked for?"

corbyn groaned in frustration, angrily tugging at his hair. "everything i have worked for is killing me!" he exclaimed, "i love you guys, and i love singing, and i love making the fans happy, but i can't do it anymore. i keep telling myself its all going to work itself out, but it hasn't!" he took a break to catch his breath, losing control of the surfacing tears. "i'm scared of who i'm going to become and what i might do. i don't want to hurt you guys and have this all end badly, i just want to live a life that i don't feel like i'm a prisoner in."

"corbyn please don't give this up," daniel begged. just like last night, he let his hand find its way under corbyn's shirt to comfortingly trace his fingers along his back. "we can't do this without you."

"please stop, i'm not strong enough to keep going!" he dropped his head down against the table. his heavy breaths made his body shake as he coughed into his crossed arms.

"yes you are!" daniel fought, "think about the endless amount of smiles you've put on the fans faces. think about the adrenaline rush we get when we're on stage. think about the feeling we get when our songs blow up. think about the countless amount of late nights we've had being absolute idiots in the studio. do you really want to leave that all behind?"

corbyn sniffled, shaking his head, "i just want to slow down for a moment. i want it to get better again. i want to actual enjoy my life, but i hate it and i don't know what to do!" he sobbed. he hesitantly lifted his head, afraid that the boy's would be judging his emotions, but they instead carried sympathetic faces.

daniel wrapped his arm around his shoulders, letting corbyn lean into his side. "i promise you will be happy again," daniel pressed a long kiss to his temple, holding him like he was his baby, "it'll all be alright my love."