simply 'platonic' |2|

corbyn added his final scoop of rice on to his plate and satisfactorily smiled. he was starving.

daniel joined the four at the table, taking his seat next to corbyn. he placed a glass of water in front of the boy and smiled as he ruffled up the brunet's still messy hair. "still sleepy?" he questioned.

corbyn took a bite of his white rice and nodded, "i didn't get any sleep last night because someone decided to be noisy until four thirty in the morning!" he shot a glare at jonah who was sat across the table in between jack and zach.

"hey, it wasn't just me. blame your brother too, he had like eight girls over and they were blasting music just as loud!" the oldest defended.

"whatever," corbyn grumbled.

"we should have a fire tonight," jack spontaneously suggested as he grabbed a second scoop of lo-mein.

"i agree!" zach seconded through a mouth full of food.

after a little more convincing, the boys managed to get daniel to agree to setting up his firepit. once they finished eating, jonah and daniel broke off to go start the fire while jack, zach, and corbyn began to gather items.

"we just ate, do we really need marshmallows," corbyn huffed. the shortest brunet dropped the bag into his hands with a nod, "i don't want to carry them!" he exclaimed, throwing the bag back at jack. corbyn broke away from the pair and opened the bottom cabinet below the sink, pulling out a can of bug spray and some specialized lanterns to keep the pesky mosquitoes away. "zach since you don't have anything, can you grab blankets and maybe a guitar?" he questioned.

"you only need four blankets, corbyn and daniel will share," jack smirked.

"fuck off," corbyn blushed. he left the pair and opened the glass door that led out to the backyard, spotting a small fire trying to stay alive from within the stone pit.

he set the lanterns around the perimeter of where they would be sitting and sprayed a generous amount of bug spray over his body before throwing the can to jonah.

"guys if i fall asleep, don't let zach throw me into the fire," corbyn chuckled as he sat next to daniel on the bench, leaving no space between the two boys.

"trust me, i'd drown zach before he even laid a finger on you," daniel spoke loud enough so the nineteen year old who had just walked outside could hear.

zach motioned pulling a fake phone to his ear, "i'm going to need a restraining order," he wheezed in desperation.

jack was the last one outside. he brought snacks, marshmallows, sticks, and a bucket full of drinks, setting them a decent distance away from the blazing fire. it had grown much larger in the passed few minutes and was sending ashes in all different directions because of the slight breeze in the air.

corbyn whined as a few sparks shot towards him and daniel's direction. he squeezed his eyes shut which were beginning to water from the intense heat of the fiery flame.

"you want to move back a bit?" daniel questioned, wrapping an arm around the older boy's shoulders. corbyn nodded and helped daniel scoot the bench back a few inches so they weren't in the hazardous zone.

"here's your blanket corbs!" zach tossed the gray quilt over to him, daniel catching it for the boy. corbyn snuggled against the blond's side and let him securely wrap the cover around both of them.

"so if you guys are just friends, you wouldn't mind us adding this to the band account's story?" jack questioned, phone held out in the air to face the two.

"i mean we are just friends," daniel chuckled, "there's nothing wrong with cuddling your friend."

corbyn nodded into his side, "he's comfy and warm, i'm not going to waste the opportunity," he mumbled.