love yourself; TW

requested by: TapeOfDeppression

TW⚠️

-mentions of eating disorder
-self harm
-depressive thoughts

every movement daniel made was cautiously traced by corbyn who was trailing slightly behind the rest of his band. he intently studied the blond's movements, captivated just by his walk. he was staring like a lost puppy, craving to be near the younger.

when they arrived in the room for their interview, they all took their respective seats. corbyn was in the direct middle, daniel and zach at his sides. he gravitated towards the blond, carefully listening to every word he spoke.

"y'all i'm so tired i might pass out in like three seconds," daniel yawned. corbyn softly laughed at his statement, accidentally catching eye contact with the ocean eyed boy. chills frosted over his body at the diamond orbs. "it's not funny," daniel nudged the older.

"you did stay out till like three in the morning," corbyn shrugged, "that's on you."

"well i was having fun," he defended.

even if their exchange of words was nothing but simple and friendly, corbyn could feel his heart fluttering. butterflies swarmed through his body every time daniel would even just slightly lean his way. it wasn't a new feeling. corbyn had felt this way for many months and he had a good feeling daniel had too. it took a lot of confidence for corbyn to put himself out there, but things just felt right with daniel.

it was only a matter of minutes before the seemingly nice lady who would be doing the interview, sat across from the boys at the table. "hey guys," she waved at them with a warm smile, "we're doing tarot card readings today. basically i'll spread the cards out and you'll ask a question and pick any three cards which will help me give you an answer."

the camera crew began filming and the boy's gave their signature introduction. corbyn didn't pay much attention to what was going on after that. his main focus was on daniel. he ended up completely missing everything jonah said, but soon figured it out after the woman in front of them explained his answer.

daniel's turn was next. corbyn wondered what he would ask. what was the blond's brilliant mind wondering? was it about his future in music? was it about his personal growth? he bit his lip as he watched daniel's concentrated face.

"will i have a girlfriend in the next six months?" he chuckled out.

girlfriend.

corbyn's heart dropped. the contagious laughter of the boy's around him couldn't even get the boy to perk up. he slumped in his seat, sadly looking into his lap. the slightest bit of hope that daniel shared the same feelings toward him completely washed away.

you idiot corbyn, who could ever love you? he cringed at his foolish thoughts. he'd never amount to enough for anyone. people of his past made that very clear.

and so the spiral of self doubt, insecurity, and hopelessness began. corbyn fell to many unhealthy habits. he missed meals, slept through most of the day, cried himself to sleep. not because he was indirectly rejected by daniel, but because he realized how unworthy he was.

he had been forced out of his room by jonah who said he needed to clean everyone's bedding. corbyn was on the couch, cuddled up in a large hoodie and sweatpants. normally he'd be in one daniel's hoodies, but the two had seemed to have drifted in the passed two weeks. daniel was rarely home anymore, he was constantly out with a new group of friends every day. corbyn couldn't even get a hold of him if he tried.