bridge boy; TW

requested by: _Cherry12

TW ⚠️
-suicidal thoughts/actions

please don't read if you will be triggered by these

most teenagers would be out partying on a hot summer friday night like this one. they'd be getting drunk, high, having sex, and making the best of their teenage years. corbyn wasn't like most teenagers though and he was far from fitting in with them. he didn't care. he never did and he probably never will.

light music filled the brunet's ears as he cruised down the city streets. his windows were cracked the tiniest bit, letting a cool breeze of air in to comfort him in the muggy weather. he drove and drove, no specific destination in mind. he just wanted to drive. something about driving at night was so soothing to him.

he hummed some of the lyrics, steering wheel skimming under his palms as he turned on to a new road. he hadn't been down this one yet. in his grand total of eighteen years, for some reason he never had a reason to explore what was down it. he turned the knob to lower the music as he began to drive down the empty street.

the road separated what seemed to once be a giant field. he could just make out a few sunflowers poking their heads above the rest of the plant life. he made a mental note to return back here when it was day so he could take in the beauty of the field in the sunlight.

as he continued his drive he came across a large bridge that traveled over a rushing river. he could see sharp jagged rocks at the bottom just waiting for their next victim. chills ran down corbyn's spine at the thought of falling from the tall bridge. it was a long way down.

although something caught his eye as he made it a fourth of the way over the bridge. a figure sitting upon the edge. he pulled his car over to the side of road and put it in park before stepping out into the humid air. "hello?" he called out. he walked closer and closer until he could make out that the figure was a boy, most likely around his age. he was breathing heavily, mumbling something to himself. "why are you sitting so close? it's dangerous," corbyn said worriedly.

"leave me alone."

"why can't we talk?" the brunet frowned. he walked closer, approaching the guard rail that blocked people from waltzing right off the tall structure. apparently it wasn't very useful as this mystery boy had made it over, "can i sit with you?"

"no."

"why not!" he exclaimed in disappointment.

"you might get hurt," the blond replied, "i don't want you to get hurt. you should go home." corbyn ignored him and climbed over the guard rail. his heart dropped into his stomach taking in the view. the fall was much higher than he anticipated. "do you not listen? i said go home!" the boy shouted.

"no," corbyn shrugged. he carefully sat down, legs dangling over the dark ibis. his hands clutched a portion of the bridge to keep himself grounded. "i wanna know what your doing."

"i'm looking at the river. now go," he seemed to be growing angrier with every passing second. corbyn didn't understand why this boy didn't want to talk to him or why he would purposefully sit at the edge of a bridge. it seemed impractical with the risk of falling and there was a lookout on to the valley just a few feet from them where it was much safer.

"what's your name?" corbyn asked.

"why do you care?"

"because you intrigue me," he answered, "i'll tell you my name if you tell me yours."