hold my hand

this is just a bunch of scenarios in which corbyn wants to hold daniel's hand

the overwhelming gaze of the bulky man just a mere ten feet from corbyn was too much for the brunet to handle. his heart couldn't help but race as the stern eyes stared him down. although, nothing was likely to happen as they were in a jam packed mcdonald's, he couldn't help his building nerves.

"dani?" corbyn whispered to the blond who's eyes were tracing over the menu that was mounted on televisions above the counter.

"mmh," daniel mumbled, glancing over at corbyn who had moved a significant distance closer to him than from the last time he checked. "what is it?" he asked seeing as the boy had directed his attention elsewhere for a moment.

corbyn's breathing hitched when the scary man moved a few feet closer. "hold my hand?" he whispered over to daniel with pleading eyes.

daniel furrowed his eyebrows, "why?" he questioned.

"hey there green eyes. come here!"

corbyn whimpered, pushing even closer into daniel. that's when the blond realized what was bothering his frightened best friend. he grabbed corbyn's warm hand, holding it tightly. "it's okay, i won't let him near you."

feeling much safer now, corbyn leaned his head into daniel's shoulder, "thank you," he whispered.

"anytime bub."

the brunet's leg rapidly bounced against the floor as he watched the camera crew in front of him situate the equipment. he usually didn't get nervous before interviews, but he wasn't feeling his best today. he didn't want to start coughing and ruin everything or for his voice to crack when he spoke.

some feeling of comfort washed over him when daniel took the spot on the couch next to him. "need me to hold your hand?" the blond asked, noticing the evident fear in corbyn's tearful eyes. the brunet quickly nodded, holding his hand out for daniel to grab. the younger of the two interlocked their fingers, bringing their hands to rest in his own lap.

daniel no longer raised an eyebrow at corbyn when he asked him to hold his hand. it happened pretty regularly now and he knew it always happened when the boy got nervous. daniel was always more than happy to help him.

"please don't let go," corbyn begged, when he realized the interview was about to start. "i don't care who sees, i just need you right now," he said softly.

daniel smiled, "i won't let go," he assured.

corbyn practically jumped on to daniel, seeing the terrifying lady pop up on screen. he squeezed his eyes shut, wincing at the horrifying screams that projected through the speakers.

"i don't like it either corb," jonah piped up from the couch beside the one corbyn, daniel, and zach sat on. horror movies were definitely not the two oldest of the band's taste. in fact they despised them.

corbyn didn't even have to ask anymore. he grabbed daniel's hand from beside him, pulling it close to his chest. he anxiously played with his fingers, trying to distract himself from the disturbing images on screen.  "it's too loud," he mumbled over to daniel, who sympathetically pouted his bottom lip at the boy.

"let's take a walk babe," he suggested. he bit the inside of his cheek realizing what he had just called corbyn, but brushed it off once he saw how happy it made his bandmate. daniel stood up, pulling corbyn to his feet as the two took a trip to the backyard, hands still locked together.