spies

•••

"why are we doing this again?" daniel sighed as he finished pulling his black hoodie over his slim but muscular figure. corbyn just chuckled and helped him get his hood over the top of his bleach blond hair.

"you two need to see what happens between jonah and tate," jack reminded. he threw a mini pair of binoculars at corbyn, "zach and i would, but we'd blow our cover too easily."

corbyn snickered as he situated the binoculars around his neck. he and daniel were both decked out in all black attire to try and disguise themselves. jonah would kill them if he knew what they were up to. though they did also look like they were about to rob a bank.

"good luck guys. keep us updated!" zach exclaimed, placing a hand on each of their backs and ushering them out the door.

"i'll drive," daniel said pulling out his keys from his back pocket. he unlocked the car allowing the two to climb inside and buckle up. "they're at olive garden right?" he asked, pulling up his gps.

corbyn nodded, "its only like eight minutes away," he added.

when they finally arrived at the restaurant, their eyes were immediately drawn to jonah and tatum who seemed to have just gotten their appetizers. they were seated outside so daniel parked at the back of the restaurant, managing to drive by them unnoticed.

"why do they have to be outside," daniel groaned. corbyn just shrugged, grabbing the younger's wrist, "where are we going?"

"over to that bench," he replied, pointing to the wooden seat. it was across the way from where jonah and tate were and just far enough so the two probably couldn't see them unless they were really looking. behind the bench was a large rose bush that could also be used as cover.

"how are we supposed to hear their conversation from here?" daniel asked.

"we don't," corbyn responded, "that part of the mission will come later."

"you're making this sound like some classified fbi case," daniel laughed. he then turned to the rose bush, carefully picking out one of the flowers, "for you my love," he teased, handing it over to the blond.

corbyn cringed, throwing it back at daniel, "in your dreams bitch," he snarled.

the two continued their job, analyzing the date that was happening before them. "shit, whys he getting up!" daniel exclaimed watching jonah rise to his feet. corbyn jumped into action, shoving daniel behind the rose bush. "ow ow thorns!" he gasped feeling the pricks go into his body.

"yeah, if jonah finds out we're here, you're going to be feeling more than a thorn," corbyn scoffed, crouching beside the boy he just pushed down, "your going to get his fist through your face."

"can't risk this money maker," daniel smiled, fanning his face with his hand. corbyn rolled his eyes before pulling out his phone and beginning to zoom in on jonah who was almost out of their view.

"where the fuck is he going?" corbyn asked, "was the date that bad? he's dipping and leaving her to pay the check?"

daniel had enough of this 'spy' mission. he didn't want to be hunkered down behind a bush, whispering back and forth about jonah's boring love life. he wanted to enjoy himself with corbyn. "can we give up on this stupid thing," he groaned. he played with a few of the fallen rose petals out of boredom before showering them over the top of corbyn's hair. they landed so perfectly, scattered around his head. the dark red color perfectly complimented his lighter hair and skin tone.

"daniel!" corbyn exclaimed. he tried to wipe the petals away from his fluff of hair, but daniel swatted away his hand.

"you look beautiful," he complimented. normally daniel would compliment him in a jokingly manner, but this time he really meant it. "absolutely gorgeous," he murmured. he smiled seeing the older's face blush red like the roses.