target runs

a/n
just bc target is my fav place on earth

the repetitive beeping of the check out scanners played over in corbyn's mind as he gripped the handlebar of the red cart. he leaned back and forth, wheeling it along with him. every now and then he'd step one foot up on to the bottom tray section and lean his waist over the handle until the cart began to fall backwards.

it was quite clear that the boy was bored.

"we just need to pick up some drinks, snacks, and bread," jack explained, looking over the texts from jonah. they went grocery shopping every week or so as five (six including eben) young boys lived on the bus and they were like hungry beasts by the end of the day. they took turns; zach and jonah went one week and corbyn, daniel, and jack went the next. sometimes—like this time—eben would tag along and buy whatever he needed.

"corbyn, give me the cart," daniel sighed, pushing the distracted boy away. corbyn frowned, linking his arm around daniel's as he slightly lagged behind. "baby, we'll get this done faster if you just cooperate."

"i am," the brunet whined. he stumbled along at daniel's fast pace, constantly bumping into the blond. they walked into the food section which happened to be corbyn's least favorite area of the store. he shivered at the sudden drop in temperature, glaring at the freezers as if that would help his case. "stop," he groaned, feeling daniel try to pull away from him.

"honey we can't stand and do nothing," daniel sighed. he untangled their arms and leaned down to press a kiss up against the brim of his nose, "eben and jack will get the drinks, we just have to pick out some snacks."

daniel left the carriage in a random spot that was accessible to jack and eben, along with himself and corbyn. the store was essentially empty so they didn't have to worry about anyone taking away their cart. they walked to the end of the snack aisle, grabbing an assortment of granola bars, gold fish, chips, and anything along those lines.

corbyn chucked his bag of doritos into the cart, already fed up with this trip. "can we go back to the bus now?" he stretched the sleeves of his hoodie over his hands and crossed his arms over his chest. he then leaned into daniel who was organizing the mess corbyn had thrown into their carriage.

"bubba," daniel turned to face his boyfriend, using his palms to cup around corbyn's face. "why are you acting like this?" he asked in a soft tone. corbyn trailed his eyes away from daniel's with a huff. he pursed his lips and murmured some incoherent words. "baby, english please."

"you didn't give me enough attention today."

daniel raised his eyebrows before allowing a laugh to escape his lips. he dropped his hands down to hold corbyn's waist, "what did we do this morning love?"

"you took me out for breakfast."

daniel nodded, "and after that?"

"we went on a walk and you bought me flowers."

"and after that?" the blond persisted.

the heat within corbyn's face was boiling as he continued his answers, "we cuddled and watched a movie."

"and then?"

"we had our concert," corbyn sighed.

"and what happened at the concert?"

butterflies took control over corbyn's body as he remembered the moment, "you sang a song that you wrote about me."

"so did i really not give you enough attention?" daniel finished with a smirk tugging at his lips. he knew he had corbyn on this one.

the brunet shyly shrugged, letting daniel pull him into a tight embrace. "i still want more," he whined into his chest.

"when we get back to the bus, i'll give you all the attention in the world okay?" daniel offered. corbyn nodded, but was still reluctant to let go of daniel. the dominant of the two looked up to see jack and eben approaching with a pack gatorade, water, and a gallon of milk. "i have to push the cart now sweets. you need to let go."

"i'll take it," eben offered, slipping his finger through one of the slits in the cart and pulling it towards himself. "you already have to deal with a corbyn," he teased.

"fuck you eben."

the four boys made it to check out and rang up all of their items. jack offered to pay and swiped his card before they loaded the bags back into the cart.

"the bus is parked down that street," eben pointed to a dark road that slipped behind a large brick building. "should we steal the carriage or lug these with our arms?"

"i say steal," daniel shrugged, before groaning at the new weight he felt upon his back. corbyn wrapped his arms around daniel's neck and hung his legs forward for daniel to support. "yea...steal it," he panted in confirmation, "i don't have hands to carry anything."

"walk faster!" corbyn exclaimed through chattering teeth. it was not the right weather to be wearing a light weight hoodie and basketball shorts.

daniel rolled his eyes, "remind me to leave you home next time we go to target."

"your not nice!"

[a/n]

request if u want i'm bored

this election is sCaRy 💙💙💙
if the devil himself gets re-elected i'm moving to fucking jupiter or some shit.

anyways look at these cuties and their matching hoodies like i literally want to steal their closet thanks 🥺