Chapter 79

Aurora's POV:

Waking up, I turn to my side to find Eric's cradle empty. Tristan set it up next to me so we can watch him throughout the night.

Turning to my other side, Tristan's not sleeping next to me either. I wonder where they are.

I yawn, stretching out my arms as I stand up from the bed. I'm so tired. It's 10AM and I'm still in bed, this is so unlike me.

I put on my robe and put on my slippers as I had downstairs, looking for Tristan. Going into the kitchen, my eyes land on him standing near the coffee machine as Eric sat in his baby high chair.

"Good morning, my love." Tristan smiles, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Didn't want to wake you." He says, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Did you sleep well?" He asks, looking down at me and I nod.

"Yeah. Thank you." I smile, rubbing my eyes and pushing my hair back.

"Is he doing okay?" I ask, walking over to Eric as he ate up the rest of his breakfast and giving him a kiss.

"He's much better today." Tristan replies, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Here's your coffee." He hands me my mug as I sit on one of the chairs, leaning on the kitchen island.

"Are you not going to work?" I ask again, really wanting him to stay with us.

"No, I'm just gonna work from home till Eric gets better." He tells me, typing on his phone. "I have to take this." He hums, talking into his phone as he walks away.

I sat there sipping on my coffee and watching Eric. As I was done, I pick him up from his chair. "Good morning, beautiful baby." I mutter, holding him closer as he tangles his little hands in my hair. "Are you feeling all better?" I smile, feeling up his temperature. He honestly looks so much better. I couldn't be more relieved.

"Let's go play outside, okay?" I say, picking him up from his chair and carrying him outside to the garden.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours have passed and I have successfully put Eric down for a nap as he was a hit worn out. I gave him his medicine and he was down in a few minutes.

I stare at him for a couple of minutes as he slept. I don't know how and why, but I was reminded of Maisy. Gosh, I haven't seen her in forever. Or any of the kids for that matter. I'm just a horrible person. I've been so busy that I haven't even visited them in so long.

Grabbing the baby monitor, I close the door to the room and head to Tristan's office. I haven't seen since breakfast.

"Can I come in?" I ask, giving the door a knock as he looks up from his laptop.

"Yeah. Come give me a kiss." He ushers, flipping through his file as I make my way over to him. He places his lips against mine and starts making out with me.

"Mhm." He hums, kissing on my neck as I wrap my arms around him. "Have you been working all day?" I ask, gathering my breath.

"Yeah, I was just about to come get you so we can go for lunch." He tells me, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Where's Eric?"

"I put him down for a nap." I inform him, rubbing my arms up and down.

"Okay, then we'll just wait till he wakes up." He says, going back to typing on his laptop.

I stand up from his lap and go to the other side of desk. Taking a deep breath before talking to him. "I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?" He questions, leaning back on his chair and staring at me.