Chapter 90

Please let me know if there are any mistakes. Also, if you want to support me, then please comment and vote. It would make my day. Happy reading <3

The song is attached to the chapter.

Six months later:

Aurora's POV:

"He's feeling better." I inform Dianne on the phone. She's been calling recently about Eric as he's been sick the entire week.

He's had a fever and I called in his pediatrician to check in on him. I've been up every single night taking care of him and making sure he's okay. Thankfully, he's much more active today.

"Are we not going to be able to see you both anytime soon?" She asks in a sad tone and my heart clenches.

"Um, I-I don't think so. I'm really sorry." I nervously apologize, knowing fully well I'm in the wrong.

"It's alright, dear. I understand." She softly replies. "As long as you're both okay." She attempts to lighten up the mood but in vain.

"I will talk to you soon then." She adds and I nod to myself, sadness taking over me.

"Okay. Goodbye, Dianne." I mumble, placing the phone down.

I sit down on the couch and huff out. I feel horrible about how I continue to treat them. Dianne is his mother and she must be struggling more than I am. But no one can understand what I'm enduring this very moment.

I haven't seen her since the service. Or anyone for that matter. I've isolated myself and cut off any human interaction.

Especially after what happened the day of Tristan's funeral.

I've never felt more heartbroken than I did after what had took place. I figured that time heals all wounds. I'll distance myself for a while and I'll start feeling better.

But to no avail.

Everyday I spend in this set of circumstances, my mental health continues to deteriorate. There's no one to help me with this. No one but myself.

And I can't have a day where I just rot in bed and dissociate from reality. Because I'm not my first priority. My first priority is my son. Tristan's son. Our son.

I realize now that I have completely messed things up with Tristan's family and it's eating up at me.

According to Tristan's lawyer, after taking care of his family, he signed everything off to me. His less constitutional activities however, were being taken care of by his brother, his father and Elijah.

This basically meant that everyone that was working with Tristan, is working for me. So after I made the controversial decision to alienate myself from everyone, the guards outside had no choice but to oblige.

Elijah is the only person that seems to have utilized his underboss privileges in order to come check in on me and Eric now and then. To make sure we're still alive and such. And I couldn't see anything about it.

He mostly comes in to see Eric and play with him from time to time. I've decided to allow it because Eric likes it when he's around and since I don't have to converse with him.

However, he hasn't been around these past few weeks for some reason. I assume he's busy now that he's taken on much more responsibility.