Chapter 61

Tristan's POV:

Closing the door to the house, I head towards one of my cars and pull out my phone as it won't stop ringing.

"Derek, I'm on my way." I say before hanging up and getting inside the car.

Today's a busy day. I have a lot of shit I have to take care that I, frankly, don't want to do. I'd much rather be somewhere else. At home, with her.

I hate leaving her alone. But it's not like I can take her with me to all of my meetings, all of my appointments. No matter how much I'd like to. But she's pregnant now, it's my job to stay with her if she needs me. Which is why I'm handling all of the work I can today, so I can have some free time afterwards. Sighing to myself, I start up the car and pull up from the driveway...

~~~~~~~~~~

After a dreadful day filled with meetings, I'm done at the enterprise and heading to one of my gentlemen's clubs where I have, yet again, an extremely important meeting with a drug cartel leader.

An hour drive later, I arrive at my destination and Elijah greets me at the front of the building. He talks me through everything that's been happening as we walk through the hall towards the men's lounge.

Getting inside, it's a full house today. We walk over to the VIP section where we're greeted by some of my men and we soon fall into conversation.

"Get your hands off me." A loud high pitched voice makes me turn around. And as soon as I do, I knew someone was going to die today.

I watch as Aurora stands quietly as one of the waitresses, who clearly doesn't know her fucking place, yells at her. What is she doing here? Who brought her?

"Who are you? Who the fuck allowed you to be in here?" She snaps, raising her voice. "This place is invite only. You're not a waitress, so what are you doing here?"

"First, you spill wine on my five hundred dollar dress. Then you have the nerve to come here uninvited." Her annoying shouting makes everyone go silent. They all turn to her and Aurora as I just stand there with my fists tensed beside me. My eyes switch between the both of them. I watch as Aurora nervously fumbles with her fingers.

At that moment, watching her getting yelled at, every bad memory came rushing back to me: her being harassed on the first day I met her, her almost being raped, her getting kidnapped and taken away from me, her getting stabbed and injured, her losing our baby... All of it. All because I couldn't protect her. And that send me to a pit of fury, I promised myself I will not tolerate her being hurt ever again.

I tug on my suit jacket before attempting to walk down the steps but Elijah stops me.

"Don't get angry, man." He says, putting his arm in front of me and blocking my way. "I'll handle it." He says, giving me a pat on the shoulder and marching down the steps.

"I'm so sorry about your dress. I can help you if you let me." She fucking apologizes. "You can have my coat to cover up if you want." She says in a low trembling tone that makes me even angrier.

Elijah says something, making both of them turn to him.

My eyes linger on her. She looks away from Elijah and her eyes circle the room anxiously, finally landing on me. I don't want her to see me like this but there's nothing I can do to contain my anger.

I've always kept Aurora away from the public eye. She hasn't met many if any of my criminal associates. I wanted it to stay that way, to keep her safe. I've always wanted to maintain her privacy. But this place is full of mobsters and drug lords, that will soon know who she is because of my fucking temper. I can't help it.