Chapter 50

Double update time!! Enjoy💕

Aurora's POV:

I back away from the puddle of blood as I watch Tristan's face go blank. In a fraction of a second, he shoots up from his place and makes his way over to me.

"Fuck." He panics, looking at the amount of blood on the bed. "We need to get you to the hospital." He ushers, rushing to get our shoes.

He slips my shoes on quickly and wraps my cardigan around me. "Can you walk?" He asks, looking up at me with a worried look. I shake my head with tears still streaming down my face.

In one swift motion, he picks me up, and I wrap my arms around his neck as he quickly carries me down the stairs.

"Shh, try to calm down." He hushes, attempting to silence my cries and ragged breathing. I know he's panicked too. I can see it in his face but he's trying to make the best of a bad situation.

I scrunch my face up in pain as he carries me towards the car, opening the passenger door and placing me inside. He puts the seat belt around me and gets in.

"Where the fuck are the keys?" He growls in panic, looking for his keys. I let out a scream as I feel a rush of pain course through me.

He finds the keys and immediately starts up the car. "Fuck, please hang on." He sighs out as he races through the road while cars honk at us for speeding.

While all I can focus on is how I'm going to live with myself if I'm really losing the baby. And that's most likely the case, there's no other explanation.

I feel like it's happening all over again. The loss of blood, the terror, the pain... It's hell. I'm reliving that night and it's pure torture.

Tristan pulls up at the hospital and climbs out of the car. He carries me in as I continue to whimper in pain, just like I did the entire journey here.

Soon, the nurses come and place me on a stretcher as Tristan follows behind me. I don't want him to leave me. Even through all this pain and panic I'm going through, I'd still feel better if he's here. His presence is just so comforting.

The medics start to talk about my condition, how I'm losing too much blood. I'm listening to what they're saying and I'm worried. My heart is relentlessly hammering and I'm getting overwhelmed, hearing what they're saying.

And so I shut my eyes, hoping this is just a bad dream that I'll wake up from as I drift into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly open my eyes then squint them, adjusting to the white light in the room that's slightly blocked by faces staring down at me. Everything's blurry. I must've passed out. How many times will I end up in the hospital this week alone?

Readjusting my sight, I look up at the faces of Stella, Aylina, Isaac and Dianne looking down at me.

I try to sit up on the bed but Dianne is quick to place her hands on my shoulder. "Lay back, dear. You should rest." She soothes as I lay back on the bed, feeling a rather strange pain in my abdomen.

My eyes scan the room to which I then open "Where's Tristan?" I ask, confused by his absence.

Silence.

My eyes switch between them but they keep their head down, nervously glancing at one another. It's as if they're conversing through eye contact. Now I'm getting worried.