Chapter 83

Tristan's POV:

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I sigh out in frustration, slamming my hands onto the table then standing up and pacing around.

"I should also tell you that I took it. The hit." He adds and I turn to him, knitting my brows and feeling anger take over me.

"Jesus, do you seriously think I want to go after your wife, Tristan? It's not about the money. I took it to buy you time. So you can figure out your next move." He explains and I sigh.

I'm not stupid, I know how it works but I just can't think right when shit like this keeps happening. My mind is elsewhere and all I want to do is go home and keep her near me, where she belongs. But I need to know as much about this as I can.

"But if the hit isn't complete in two weeks, someone else gets it. And that's out of my hands." He continues, as I shake my head in disbelief.

"Do you know who took it out?" I question, turning to him. This gives me two weeks to find out who's doing this and shut it down.

"I've been trying to find out but it's anonymous." He tells me and I curse to myself.

"I'll look more into this. I'll do anything I can to help. Just tell me how." He reassures me as I nod to myself. "I have to go now. But you have my number, we'll be in touch." He says before grabbing his phone. I give him a nod before he walks away.

I sat there on the table, staring into the distance, my mind wandering off to every single negative thought.

"Tristan." Elijah's voice knocks me out of my state of daze.

"Elijah, don't. Just don't. Not today." I warn him, feeling myself getting angrier. This has been the worst day ever. I can't reach my brother and I have no idea what he's going through. And now there's a 50 Million dollar target on my wife.

"I got your back on this, boss." He assures me. "We won't let anything bad happen to her. We've done shit like this before."

"It's not the same." I tell him in a monotone voice. This time it's different, because this isn't just any other person. It's Aurora. How am I supposed to think rationally?

"I know but you need to set personal feelings aside if we want to catch whoever's doing this. It's not our first time doing it." He reminds me.

I stand there in silence for a moment before downing my entire drink and placing the glass on the table. "I'm leaving." I mutter, grabbing my jacket before walking out.

Getting into my car, I start driving, not knowing where to go and not knowing what to do.

I don't feel like this often, helpless and tired. It's something I'm not used to but I'm fucking sick of people trying to take her away from me.

How many people do I have to kill as warning? How many people do I have to torture before everyone takes the hint and backs off.

Sighing to myself, I press on the accelerator pedal, heading to the bar. I need something to calm me down. I need to get my shit together if I'm going to handle this.

Aurora's POV:

I wrap the sheet around myself, feeling the comfort swarm me as I slept peacefully. Today's been a long day and I had finally put Eric to sleep. Before I knew it, I feel arms wrapping around me and a familiar sensation taking over me.

"Tristan." I gasp, feeling him rubbing around my stomach. "Are you okay?" I ask, feeling his stubble against my cheek.

"Mhm" He slurs, his sleepy voice vibrating against my skin. I turn to him as he pulls me against his chest. "I love y-" he starts, humming as he does.