Chapter 41

Some of you messaged me asking for an update and I couldn't say no so here you go❤

Aurora's POV:

Hours passed and I was drained from all the crying I did. I feel so stupid and I despise myself for feeling this way.

It was my fault. I blame myself. I'm the one who allowed myself to get close to him when he made me feel safe. I thought he actually changed and wouldn't get jealous when I talked to other guys. I thought he was reassured that I liked him now. But I guess I was wrong. I was wrong and he hasn't changed at all.

I thought things were different. But they aren't. He's still the same possessive person he is. And he still thinks every man wants to be with me. He only wants me to obey everything he says.

It hurts now. He said really hurtful things and left me in locked the room for hours. It hurts because I like him now. And I thought he liked me too. But he doesn't. All he wants is to use me.

Just like my dad did.

Flashback

"Get in there." He drags me then gives me a push to the room and I and on my stomach on the cement floor.

"No, dad please. Not in the basement again. I'm sorry I didn't bring any money. There was no one out. It's Christmas." I try reasoning with him but he's quick to pull on my hair and hit my head against the ground.

"You will stay here till you starve. So you can learn the consequences of disobeying." He growls as I try to pick myself up from the floor but he kicks me in the stomach several times, causing me to curl on the floor and cry in pain. "You're a waste of space." He spits before leaving the room and locking the door behind him.

I crawl on the floor, trying to pick myself up but fail. I crawl on my belly towards the door knob, trying to open the door but in vain. I start to hysterically cry and bang on the door with my weak hands till I give up and just lay there.

He left me there for days until extremely dark thoughts started pooling in my mind and I just wanted to end the pain once and for all.

Flashback over

Now swarmed with emotions, I lean back on my back and place my head on the pillow, drenching the pillowcase with my tears.

Night time:

I hear the sound of the keys clinging and the sound of the lock being open. I immediately stand up and nervously fumble with my dress.

The door opens and Tristan stands at the entrance, his eyes landing on me. We stare at each other in a moment before I swallow and lower my gaze.

I bow my head and walk past him, unintentionally nudging his side as I pass by. I knit my brows and walk out but I don't get too far before he grips onto my arm and tries to pull me against him.

"No. Let go of me." I snap, glaring at him as he blinks at me. I yank my arm away and turn my back to him.

To say I'm angry is an understatement. I don't want to talk to him or see him. I forgave him so many times and I no longer have the energy to.

I'll never understand why it's always me who gets blamed for everything. Why it's always my fault when I've done nothing wrong. But I guess I never will. And I'm tired of always being the one who's yelled at and scolded at any situation given.

Tristan's POV:

"Okay, the driver will bring your luggage to you." I grip onto my phone as I stare into the window. Isaac hangs up and I shove my phone into my pocket as I stare into the garden.