Chapter 18

Enjoy, guys💕

Also, please read the author's note at the end.

Aurora's POV:

"Aurora, meet me downstairs when you're done." I hear Tristan shout from the hall as I brush through my hair. I'm getting ready to leave for our honeymoon. For some reason, I have a hunch that something bad will happen. I just can't shake the feeling off.

Earlier in the day, Stella came and brought me something to wear, considering my stuff hasn't been moved here. She also said that she packed my suitcase and put it in the car, I thanked her for it. Then we chatted for a while over breakfast while Tristan was out handling some business cause we're leaving the country today. It's always nice talking to Stella, she makes me forget how miserable my life is.

She came with the sole purpose of asking me: how does it feel to loose your virginity? Of course, I just ignored her question and we fell into deep conversation.

She also informed me that yesterday, after Tristan and I left, she and Isaac kissed. I kind of saw it coming but I was still surprised at how spontaneous they can be. From what she had told me, he's really funny and forward but also kind of a womanizer. But she likes him and she thinks he does too. I'm happy for her, honestly.

After brushing my hair, I let it fall down my back as I put on my clothes, a white floral skater skirt and a peach crop top that goes perfect with it. I wear the sandals she got me before looking at the mirror then heading out the door. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Oh right.

I pace back to the bedside table, where I placed my engagement ring and my wedding band. I always dread wearing them, because I feel like they bring too much attention. I slide them on my ring finger and head downstairs to meet Tristan at the driveway.

Pacing down, I open the door and head outside. Tristan is stood waiting for me by the car with his eyes on his phone. He glances up as I walk closer to him and starts looking me up and down. His dark eyes pierce through me as he licks on his lower lip. I always get nervous when he looks at me, because I don't know what he's thinking.

He says nothing but holds the car door open for me and places his hand on my lower back, ushering me in. He always does that, it's kind of sweet to be honest.

The drive was pretty silent and didn't take too long. We pull up at an airport, a private one I'm assuming since there's no one here.

Tristan grabs my hand and we head out of the car, heading to a huge plane that was hangared in front of us. I've never seen a plane before, it's bigger than I thought it would be. We walk forwards and soon reach the steps, I gently climb up the stairs with Tristan still holding on to me.

As soon as we enter, I can see that this is no ordinary plane. It has a bedroom, a TV, a bar, a fridge, and only four couches all across it. I'm guessing it's a private jet. Seriously, how much money does this man have? Does killing people make you that much money?

"You like?" I hear Tristan's deep voice behind me as he grips onto my shoulder.

"It's beautiful." I reply, my eyes circling my surroundings.

"Hm, let's sit, my love." Tristan ushers, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards one of the seats.

"Do you need anything?" He asks me, his eyes running over my face as I shake my head.

I should like him by now, the way he can give me anything. If it was any other girl, she would. But I'm scared, I'm scared to let myself get close to him and then he'll have power over me, he can hurt me. I don't want that so I'm playing it safe.