Chapter 72

Aurora's POV:

It's been over three days since I've had the baby and now I'm finally discharged and ready to go back home. It was about time anyways, sitting in this hospital room has grown tiresome.

I had just taken my shower and, got dressed and now I'm packing up to leave as Tristan is bringing the car around. I'm so glad I can finally go back home, particularly because I have the cutest little baby to go home with.

I love him so much, too much. Just in the span of a few days, he's made me smile and laugh like I've never before. He's just so precious and so angelic.

I've just finished breastfeeding and changing him and now we're both ready to go home. I gently place him on the bed as I finish packing up. He starts moving around, letting out small noises. I walk over to him to check on him and he's okay.

I hear a knock on the door and turn around to see Tristan stood at the door. "Are you ready?" He asks, striding inside as I nod.

"Yeah, just let me put my coat on." I tell him to which he nods and walks over to the bed, sitting next to the baby and holding him.

Tristan rarely left the hospital for the past days, he'd spend his entire day holding the baby or sitting next to his crib and watching him. And the baby seems to love it too because he rarely cries when Tristan is holding him.

I shrug on my coat and wrap it around myself before walking over towards the bed where Tristan sat. He stands up and gently hands me the baby as I hold him closely. He grabs the hospital bag and we head out of the room.

The nurse meets us at the door of the room with a wheelchair next to her. She motions me to sit, which I do, still holding the baby close to me. "I'll take it from here." Tristan firmly tells the nurse, gripping on the wheelchair and pushing me as he walks behind.

Considering the fact that I've had a normal birth, I'm still bleeding heavily and the doctor told me I still might for weeks. Hence why I'm always tired and out of energy.

As we exit the hospital, Tristan wheels me towards the car and I sit there waiting for him to open it. He opens the door to the back, revealing the baby's car seat inside.

"You bought him one already?" I smile as he nods and takes the baby from my arms, placing him inside and securing him. He closes the door then turns to me, helping me up. He places his hand on my lower back and walks me towards the car. As soon as I stand up, I feel an immense soreness between my legs yet I try to avoid it. I put my seatbelt on as he shuts the door and gets in next to me.

"Do you need anything before we go home?" He asks, turning to me as I look out the window. I nod and turn to him. "Yes, can we please stop to get food?" I request, fluttering my eyes at him to which he complies and takes a turn.

I've been eating healthy ever since I found out I was pregnant. I've missed the fast food I've happily indulged in often. I've also missed my occasional glass of wine that I'd have now and then but I still can't have it, considering the fact that I'm breastfeeding now.

After stopping to get all of my favourite meals, we finally made our way home. I've missed my bed and I've missed sitting by the pool and in the garden. It's something I did almost every day when I was pregnant.

Arriving to the house, Tristan parks the car and steps out, holding the door open for me and helping me down. I open the door to the back and gently grab the baby from the backseat, careful not to wake him up.

~~~~~~~~~~

Reaching the bedroom, I open the door and look around to see that it's not as messy as we left it before. It's actually perfectly clean. I turn to Tristan who's taking off his suit jacket and flinging it over the chair.