Chapter 36

Hey, lil cuties. Hope you're having a pleasant day. Enjoy💞😙

Aurora's POV:

I managed to stop myself from crying so I can talk into the phone properly. It rang and rang. I impatiently waited for the call to come through and eventually, it did.

"Hello." My father in law's voice greets as I tighten my hold on the phone and sigh.

"M-Mr Black. It's Aurora." I inform him, my voice cracking much to my attempts to sound neutral.

"Yes, I know. How can I help you, darling?" He asks in his deep voice and I shut my eyes and swallow in disgust.

Darling.

Flashback.

"Resisting and crying will get you nowhere, darling."

"I bet you want your husband to be here so bad, yes?"

"Let's call him, shall we, darling?"

End of Flashback.

"Hello?" Mr Black's voice snaps me out of my disturbing flashback and I shake my head.

"I-I'm here." I reply, taking a brisk inhale of air.

"Aurora, is everything okay?" As soon as he said those words, I broke down. And instead of keeping it together like I had planned, I erupt into cries and put my palm on my face. I feel so weak and helpless.

"Aurora, what's going on?" He interrogates in a low tone and I try to quiet down my cries.

"I-I'm sorry. It's Tristan. H-He was badly hurt." Now sobbing heavily, my voice cracking between sentences and my cheeks flushed.

"WHAT? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" His loud raging voice pierces into my ear, making me shut my eyes in discomfort.

"H-He was shot. I-I'm so sorry." I apologize, fully aware that it's my fault. I don't expect them to forgive me but I hope they find it in their heart to do so. I know they will hate me, they'll probably scold me for it but I won't talk back to them. I deserve every bad thing they'll say to me.

"Where is he?" He growls, anger noticeable in his tone.

"He's downstairs in the medic room." I inform him, wiping my eyes and moving a strand of hair that's stuck to my damp cheek.

"Fuck, we're coming as soon as we can." He snaps, his voice dripping with frustration and worry. "Alberto, get the jet rea-" is all I heard before the line disconnected.

I set the phone down and lean my elbows on my knees, burying my face into my hands.

A few hours later.

Tristan's POV:

I open my eyes and they land on the ceiling, the design making it known that I'm at my house. What the fuck even happened?

I remember falling into unconsciousness in my wife's arms but other than that, everything else is a blur.

I attemp to sit up but a loud growl escapes from me as soon as I try. What the fuck? It hurts like a bitch.

Caged By HimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara