Chapter 66

Aurora's POV:

The following week would be the longest seven days in my life. It went by so slowly and I always found myself rather bored. Tristan hasn't came back yet. It turns out, there were more complications than he thought and he has to take care of it.

He still calls me three times a day, sometimes more. But that doesn't change the fact that I miss having him here with me. I miss his face and his smell, just everything. Add that to the fact that I'm alone at the house and constantly anxious.

His family has been busy this past week, otherwise they would've come to stay here with me. Stella is out of town with Isaac so that leaves me alone. It's been a long week but I managed to do well by myself.

But today, my parents in law and Isaac are arriving in town to visit me for the day and maybe even stay in for the night.

I push myself out of bed to start getting ready for the day. I'm at that point of my pregnancy that I don't want to do anything at all, I also constantly feel uncomfortable.

I simply change into regular pyjama pants and a shirt. I put my hair up in a ponytail and head downstairs to make lunch for everyone.

While I was waiting for everything to cook, I sat by the pool for a little while and read for a while. It's a little too hot today, but a beautiful sunny day nonetheless.

About an hour later, they all arrived at the door. All of them except Aylina as she was caught up somewhere important. I open the door and welcome them inside.

"Darling, how are You? How's the baby?" Dianne chirps as she walks in, giving my belly s gentle rub. "We're both fine. Thank you." I reply with a smile as she and Mr Black both enter the house. Isaac closes the door to his car before he makes his way over.

"Sis in law, it's been a while. I see you've lost some weight." Isaac jokes, reaching down to give me a hug as I giggle. "How are you?"

"I'm okay, you?" I ask, hugging him back. I haven't seen him since he and Stella took me to my appointment last week. And even then, we didn't get a chance to catch up.

"Never been better." He winks, putting his hands in his jacket as we walk into the living room. They all settle inside as I go into the kitchen to finish preparing everything...

~~~~~~~~~~

"I love you too." I say to Tristan as I lay in bed talking to him. I can just talk to him for hours. I miss him so much.

"Good night, baby." He hums in that deep voice of his that never ceases to make my heart flutter.

"Good night." I reply in a sleepy voice before hanging up the phone and placing it on the bedside table, yawning to myself. I snuggle up to my pillows and lay my head back, dozing off to sleep. It's been a really long day.

A few hours into my sleep, at about 3AM, my stomach started to hurt. It wasn't the pain I was used to, it wasn't the baby kicking and it wasn't the usual discomfort I felt from time to time.

I quickly strip out of the sheets and stand up, hissing in pain. I look down at myself and then at the bed, the fear that I might be miscarrying taking over. Checking the mattress, there's no blood. It's completely dry and so am I.

Not knowing what to do, I put on my slippers and exit the room, rushing towards the guest bedroom. I stop at the door and start knocking with all my strength, feeling hot tears threatening to escape the brim of my eyes.